The Maastricht program provides student with an opportunity to travel and study in Europe and develop international business skills. Students will spend 4 weeks in Maastricht, the Netherlands and earn 6 hours toward their business degree.
Students study at the University of Maastricht. Classes focus on business and intercultural skills. The program also includes visits to European firms and the European Union in Brussels.
- Location: Maastricht, the Netherlands
- Dates: Summer (May-June)
- Spend four weeks in Europe
- Monday-Thursday classes (depending on class schedule)
- Extended weekends for travel
- Travel with Xavier faculty and students
- Gain international business and intercultural skills
Students take two classes:
- ECON 300--International Trade and Business Environment (3 hours)
- BUAD 395--Intercultural Communication (3 hours)
- Courses fulfill business core (ECON 300) and business or INBU elective (BUAD 395)
- Courses taught by Xavier and U of Maastricht faculty
- Courses taught in English
- Grades and credit transfers back to Xavier University
- Prerequisites: ECON 200. Recommended: MKTG 300, ECON 200 and ECON 201
Program Costs (see program brochure)
Cost of the program includes:
- Six hours of undergraduate tuition
- Housing (Guesthouse, University of Maastricht) based on double occupancy
- Airport transfer from Brussels
- Textbooks, fees and insurance
- Company visits, excursion to Brussels and Maastricht city tour
- Not included--airfare, meals and personal travel
Scholarships and financial aid are available.
See us at the Study Abroad Fair or Maastricht Information Sessions.