Set the World on Fire - Study Abroad in Peru!!
Are you considering to study abroad in the coming terms? Check out our FAQ documents to answer your questions.Read our FAQ for Planning your Semester Abroad in Spring 2022
Apply for or renew your US passport as soon as possible if you’re thinking of studying abroad in Spring 2022 and beyond. The US State Department is experiencing long delays -- expedited passports are taking at least 12 weeks and regular service is 18 weeks. Additionally, you are strongly advised to pay for the expedited service and return mail service. Generally your passport expiration date should be valid for 6 months after your departure date back to the US.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Applications for Spring 2021 are available. Deadline to apply is October 1, 2021.
Check out CIE's EngageXU page for our upcoming events!
AIFS Takeoff Series (Multiple Virtual Meetings)
- AIFS Abroad Takeoff 2021 - August 31st, 1:00pm- 2:00pm
- AIFS runs programs to semester programs to France and Russia, heavily focused on language immersion and exposure!
- Creative Virtual Funding: AIFS Takeoff Virtual Series - August 31st, 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Besides Financial Aid, scholarships, and savings, students today have to think out of the box for ways to help fund their study abroad experience. We’ll brainstorm ideas and real-life stories with emphasis on internet-based fundraisers.
- Personal Growth Abroad: AIFS Takeoff Virtual Series - September 1st, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- One of the best aspects of studying or interning abroad is the ability to go outside of your comfort zone. Join AIFS staff and recent alumni as they share information about different ways to challenge yourself while abroad including trying new foods, learning another language, and making friends abroad.
- A Portfolio Life: Dream, Design, Do : AIFS Takeoff Virtual Series - September 2nd, 1:00pm-2:00pm
CIE Information Session: Study Abroad Scholarships - September 2nd, 4:00-4:45pm (GSC 214)
Come learn about study abroad scholarships and resources to apply for additional funding to study abroad! This session is good for students looking to study abroad in this academic year or for students wanting to know more about funding opportunities before selecting a program.
ISA Tabling in Gallagher Student Center - September 3rd, 11:00am - 2:00pm (GSC)
- ISA EuroScholars
- Euro Scholars is a once in a lifetime opportunity to become familiar with the European academic culture and to investigate your potential in a future research career while enjoying the value of study abroad as an undergraduate student. EuroScholars offers opportunities at 9 universities in six different countries in mainland Europe.
SLU-Madrid Virtual Info Session - September 9th, 9:00 - 10:00am (Virtual)
- Saint Louis University is a Catholic, Jesuit institution with campuses in St. Louis, Missouri and Madrid, Spain that welcomes students of all faiths and no faith. Since 1818, the University has gone beyond teaching facts and figures; we motivate students to form their own opinions and to discover their true identities. Today, SLU is home to nearly 13,000 students, approximately 850 of whom study in Madrid.
Xavier University Study Abroad Fair - September 17th, 11:00am-3:00pm (Xavier Academic Mall)
- Come learn about the many faculty-led summer programs that are offered by the CIE! Ask questions to professors about specific programs, classes, itineraries, and more. Meet with our semester programs and students from direct exchange partner universities.
Arcos Learning Abroad Virtual Information Session - September 23rd, 4:00pm-5:00pm (Virtual)
- Arcos connects people, places and ideas through transformative study abroad! Programs are available in Spain, Mexico, Argentina and Costa Rica with a focus on Spanish language immersion. Come learn more in this information session!
Gallagher Student Center
Students interested in study abroad are welcome to begin the planning process. Walk-in advising and scheduled appointments are available. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Follow one of the steps below to reach us:
1.) Fill out our intake form to schedule an appointment with an advisor. (In-person or via Zoom)
2.) Email us at email@example.com to set-up an appointment. (In-person or via Zoom)
3.) Request a time for advising via our application system to set-up an appointment. (In-person or via Zoom)