Full Time and Executive Program Options
Our curriculum provides you with a strong foundation of management, financial and quantitative skills, and enhances your ability to succeed in health care management through course work in areas such as epidemiology, clinical management, ethics, health policy analysis, physician relations, managed care and integrated health delivery systems, population-based planning and provider payment strategies.
The graduate program offers you two options of study:
- Full-time MHSA: Our full-time option consists of four semesters of classroom study on campus followed by a paid 8-12 month administrative residency experience in a health services facility under the guidance of a preceptor. The full-time track requires 64 credit hours for graduation, which includes 54 hours of classroom study and 10 hours of residency/masters project credits.
- Executive MHSA: Our Executive MHSA (formerly known as the "part-time program") is designed to accommodate the needs of working professionals. This program totals 42 credit hours of online work, including a capstone project, and can be completed in two years, or six semesters.
The Xavier MHSA program is committed to preparing students for their career paths by combining the lessons learned in the classroom with real-world, professional experience. Below are some examples of how professional development is integrated into XUGPHSA:
- Professional Development Courses 1, 2, 3, 4
- Graduate Coursework Projects (Capstone, Philanthropy, project work in local healthcare organizations)
- ACHE Graduate Student Chapter
- GOHLF (Greater Ohio Healthcare Leaders Forum) participation in regional ACHE Chapter
- MHSA Connect (Connects Graduate students with MHSA Alumni)
- HSA Student Connections (BSHSA students with MHSA students)
- HIP (Healthcare in Practice) inter-professional learning opportunities for all health-related students at Xavier
- Community Service Experiences
- Graduate Internship Experiences
- Graduate Administrative Residency (Third Year of the Full-Time Track)