Mission, Vision, and Values
In keeping with its Catholic, Jesuit tradition, the mission of the Graduate Program in Health Services Administration (GPHSA) at Xavier University is to educate knowledgeable,
- Challenging students in the classroom and in applied field experiences including internships and required residencies (scholar-practitioner program) to think critically, to connect coursework to organizational experiences, and to grow in executive skills (writing, speaking, self-management, follow-through, leadership)
- Developing internal and external collaborative relationships with academicians and with health care practitioners which lead to innovations in teaching as well as in the delivery of health services
- Incorporating research, scholarship, and collaborative projects into
the classroomexperiences and field work.
Xavier University's Graduate Program in Health Services Administration will be nationally recognized as an outstanding program providing both health services administration education on the graduate level and continuing education for current health care managers and leaders. Contemporary curriculum and faculty scholarly activity enhance this.
The GPHSA is committed to responsible conduct in the development of value-centered leaders in health services administration. The following are the values to which the GPHSA students, faculty and staff are committed:
- Respect - defined as positive regard and consideration for others.
- Accountability - defined as responsibility for actions, behavior
- Integrity - defined as consistency in adherence to moral and ethical principles.
- Equity - defined as fairness and justice.
- Open communications - defined as:
- a willingness and an intention to share information in an equitable way;
- a willingness to enter into dialogue in which both listening and speaking are valued;
- a willingness to create an interpersonal climate in which people have
freedomto express their opinions, thoughts andfeelings without fear.
Men and Women for Others: Thinkers, Inspirers