Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Graduate Program in Health Services Administration at Xavier University is to educate innovative, forward thinking, knowledgeable, highly skilled, values-oriented servant leaders who will contribute to the health of society by continuously improving the management of health-related organizations through employment in decision support, managerial, and executive positions.
Our graduates shape the future of the health sector.
The Graduate Program in Health Services Administration (GPHSA) is committed to responsible conduct in the development of value-centered leaders in health services administration. The following are the values to which the GPHSA students, faculty and staff are committed:
- Respect - defined as positive regard and consideration for others.
- Accountability - defined as responsibility for actions, behavior
- Integrity - defined as consistency in adherence to moral and ethical principles.
- Equity - defined as fairness and justice.
- Open communications - defined as:
- a willingness and an intention to share information in an equitable way;
- a willingness to enter into dialogue in which both listening and speaking are valued;
- a willingness to create an interpersonal climate in which people have
freedomto express their opinions, thoughts andfeelings without fear.
Men and Women for Others: Thinkers, Inspirers
and Leaders in Health Services Administration