Residence Life Staff Recruitment
RESIDENT ASSISTANT RECRUITMENT PROCESS
THE 2023-2024 APPLICATION WILL OPEN NOVEMBER 28th 2022! More info to come.
If you have questions regarding your RA application please contact Madison Valentine, firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment process for Resident Assistant’s is in progress!
The requirements to be an RA are:
- Student at Xavier University for at least one full semester by the start of employment
- Sophomore or above by the start of employment
- Have above a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA
- Good conduct standing with the University
If you do not meet either of these categories regarding GPA of Conduct standing, there is a place in the application to explain what happened and still be considered for the RA position.
Below are the major parts of the application and recruitment process and at the bottom is a list of dates that correspond with the major parts of the process:
Application: The application link will be shared here once open.
We like to provide a time for interested students to meet some of our team, hear more about what the role entails and meet current RA's from across campus! The Powerpoint below has the important information, dates, and steps for the RA application process!
Each applicant is required to have one reference. We require one reference form to speak to your attitude, behavior, and potential as an RA candidate. We encourage a second form is submitted, but one is the requirement. References must fall within the following categories:
- Faculty or staff at Xavier University
- Student leader that you have interacted with in a meaningful way (Peer Mentor, current Resident Assistant, Smooth Transitions mentor, Interlink mentor, Manresa leader, executive board member of an organization you are a member of, varsity/club team captain, etc. If you are unclear if someone will count, please email Madison Valentine ASAP to gain clarity: email@example.com)
- Former employer not associated with Xavier University; cannot be a family member or personal friend
Reference Link: To be released with RA Application
Residence Life has the goal for the Resident Assistant position to also be a professional development opportunity for students. This year, we will collect a resume, with the intention of moving through the role will provide various experiences and skills to add as you transition to new roles, internships, and eventually employment after graduation.
The Career Center at Xavier provides sample resumes that we will accept, tutorial videos on tips and tricks for completing a resume, and opportunities to connect with Career Development for assistance.
Connecting with the Career Center: https://www.xavier.edu/career/students/index
Resume Templates and Examples: https://www.xavier.edu/career/students/index-and-cover-letters/index
The final requirement of the Resident Assistant selection process is to complete an individual interview with members of the Residence Life staff. Once all applications have be received, you will be sent a link to sign up for your interview. Individual interviews will happen between 1/23/23-2/3/23.
Below are the important deadlines for the process:
- Information Session 1: November 15th 2022 at 7:30 pm EST (Clocktower Lounge)
- Application Opens: November 28th 2022
- Application Due: January 20th 5pm
- Individual Interviews: January 23rd- Feb 3rd
- Notification to Candidates about next steps: February 17th
- March 22nd: RA Kick Off and Social for candidates selected in the RA recruitment process
HALL DIRECTOR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
To learn more about Xavier University, the Xavier University Office of Residence Life, and the Cincinnati region, please visit our comprehensive Hall Director Recruitment Website.
If you have questions about either process, please contact Associate Director of Residence Life, Madison Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org.