Residence Life Staff Recruitment
RESIDENT ASSISTANT RECRUITMENT PROCESS
THE 2022 -2023 APPLICATION OPENS ON NOVEMBER 8th, 2021.
If you have questions regarding your RA application please contact Madison Valentine, email@example.com
The recruitment process for Resident Assistant’s is in progress! The requirements to be an RA are to have above a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA as well as in good conduct standing with the University. If you do not meet either of these categories there is a place in the application to explain what happened and still be considered for the RA position. Below are the major parts of the application and recruitment process and at the bottom is a list of dates that correspond with the major parts of the process:
The One for All Application, or One App, is the first step to applying for many of the leadership opportunities available at Xavier. You will need to complete the One App in full to be considered the Resident Assistant Position.
In order to apply for the RA position, you are required to attend one of our Information Sessions and complete a Knowledge Check. Info Sessions are available in person, or a recorded Zoom option will be available.
Knowledge Check Link: https://cglink.me/2cD/s59633
Each applicant is required to have one reference. We require one reference form to speak to your attitude, behavior, and potential as an RA candidate. We encourage a second form is submitted, but one is the requirement. References must fall within the following categories:
- Faculty or staff at Xavier University
- Student leader that you have interacted with in a meaningful way (Peer Mentor, current Resident Assistant, Smooth Transitions mentor, Interlink mentor, Manresa leader, executive board member of an organization you are a member of, varsity/club team captain, etc. If you are unclear if someone will count, please email Madison Valentine ASAP to gain clarity: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Former employer not associated with Xavier University; cannot be a family member or personal friend
Reference Link: https://cglink.me/2cD/s58484
We would like for you to create a digital introduction of yourself to your residents for next year. Some options could include an introductory email, note you would put on their doors, a bulletin board, an invitation to your first program, a newsletter, an online quiz or scavenger hunt, etc. This creation should answer the following questions: What is important to you? What is important for them to know about you? How can you convey this in a creative way? Full details on how this needs to be turned in, what application to make it on, and some examples are on the application.
Candidate Roundtable Discussion:
Applicants who pass a GPA and conduct check are required to attend a Candidate Roundtable Discussion. These discussions will provide the Office of Residence Life more information on how you interact and communicate with others. These discussions will happen on 1/29/22.
The final requirement of the Resident Assistant selection process is to complete an individual interview with members of the Residence Life staff. Once all applications have be received, you will be sent a link to sign up for your interview. Individual interviews will happen on 2/1/2022 – 2/4/2022 and 2/11/2022.
Below are the important deadlines for the process:
- Information Session 1: November 16th 2021 at 7:30 pm EST (Arrupe Overlook)
- Information Session 2: December 9th 2021 at 2 pm EST (Zoom) Link: https://xavier.zoom.us/my/sandersh1
- Application Due: 1/26/2022
- Candidate Round Table Discussion: 1/29/2022
- Individual Interviews: 2/1/2022 – 2/4/2022 and 2/11/2022
HALL DIRECTOR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
To learn more about Xavier University, the Xavier University Office of Residence Life, and the Cincinnati region, please visit our comprehensive Hall Director Recruitment Website.
If you have questions about either process, please contact Associate Director of Residence Life, Madison Valentine at email@example.com.