Residence Life Staff Recruitment
RESIDENT ASSISTANT RECRUITMENT PROCESS
THE 2024-2025 APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
We like to provide a time for interested students to meet some of our team, hear more about what the role entails and meet current RA's from across campus!
In Person Info Session
Wednesday, November 29th
Virtual Info Session on Zoom
Monday, December 4
Access the Zoom at this link (to be added)
The requirements to be an RA are:
- Student at Xavier University for at least one full semester by the start of employment
- Sophomore or above by the start of employment
- Have above a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA
- Good conduct standing with the University
Below are the major parts of the application and recruitment process and at the bottom is a list of dates that correspond with the major parts of the process:
Application: Xavier RA Application
Resume: Residence Life has the goal for the Resident Assistant position to also be a professional development opportunity for students outside the RA role. This year, we will collect a resume as RA's will be provided various experiences and skills to then add as they transition to new roles, internships, and eventually employment after graduation. You will submit your resume in the application.
The Career Center at Xavier provides sample resumes that we will accept, tutorial videos on tips and tricks for completing a resume, and opportunities to connect with Career Development for assistance.
Connecting with the Career Center: https://www.xavier.edu/career/students/index
Resume Templates and Examples: https://www.xavier.edu/career/students/index-and-cover-letters/index
Supplemental Materials (resume, headshot, etc.) upload: These will be uploaded in the application link.
References: Each applicant is required to have one reference to speak to your attitude, behavior, and potential as an RA candidate. We encourage a second form is submitted, but one is the requirement. References must fall within on of the following categories:
- Faculty or staff at Xavier University
- Student leader that you have interacted with in a meaningful way (Peer Mentor, current Resident Assistant, Smooth Transitions mentor, Interlink mentor, Manresa leader, executive board member of an organization you are a member of, varsity/club team captain, etc. If you are unclear if someone will count, please email Miguel Aguado ASAP to gain clarity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former employer not associated with Xavier University; cannot be a family member or personal friend
Form to share with your References: Reference Form
The final requirement of the Resident Assistant selection process is to complete an individual interview with members of the Residence Life staff. Once all applications have be received, you will be sent a link to sign up for your interview. Individual interviews will happen between 1/23/23-02/03/23.
*There is an opportunity for a virtual interview for those candidates that cannot meet in person.
Below are the important deadlines for the process:
- Information Session 1: November 29th 2023 at 7:00 pm EST (Clocktower Lounge)
- Application Opens: November 9th, 2023
- Application Due: January 12th at 12 Noon
- Individual Interviews: January 23rd- February 6th
- Notification to Candidates about Hiring Decision: February 16th