Residence Life Information for Parents
COVID-19 RELATED ANNOUNCEMENTS
- In person visitors may stop by the Musketeer Mezzanine during business hours Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (ET). All in person guests must wear a mask or face covering and social distancing will be practiced. We also remain available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (513-745-3203).
- Upcoming Office Hours
- November 26-29: Office closed.
- November 30-December 11: Office open. When arriving to the Musketeer Mezzanine, call us at 513-745-3203 to gain access.
- November 14-18: Office open remotely only. Physical office closed.
- December 19-January 4: Office closed.
- January 4: Office reopens.
- End of Semester Closing: In order to give the Residence Life staff time to close the buildings and travel home to be with family for the Thanksgiving Holiday, the residence halls will close at 12 noon on Wednesday, November 25.
- Books and course materials rented through the Day One program must be returned following finals week (Monday, Nov. 30 to Friday, Dec. 4). The deadline to return materials is Friday, Dec. 18. Students will have the option of returning books in person to the bookstore in Gallagher Student Center or using a pre-paid shipping label provided by Follett. The first Follett email with a link to print the pre-paid shipping label will be sent on Friday, Dec. 4, along with the list of books and course materials to be returned. It is recommended that students return their materials as soon as finals are completed. Students should take all books and course materials when leaving for the semester.
Are you looking to send your student a care package? Choose from a designed package or build a custom one to send your student encouragement during the academic year.
Linens and Bedding
Learn more about the Linen and Bedding program sponsored by Xavier University..
The University does not assume responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to resident's personal property and the student hereby releases the University from any liability. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that each individual obtain insurance coverage for all items of personal property kept at the residence. This is point #10 in the Housing Agreement signed by all students.
Residence Life Newsletter
Parents, families and supporters of our students interested in hearing more about life in the halls may submit the form below to be added to our monthly newsletter.
All Xavier students are required to live on campus for their first two years. Have questions about off-campus living? If your student is looking to move off campus, information regarding available off-campus housing is maintained throughout the calendar year and is provided as a service to Xavier students at the following address: offcampus.xavier.edu. Although this website is contained within ours, the properties listed are not endorsed by Xavier University..
If you are looking for a place to store your student's belongings over the summer, Xavier recommends a student-owned business called Campus Solutions. Campus Solutions will pick up, store, and deliver a student's belongings. You can sign up online and choose the storage package that best fits your student's needs. The student packs up, and Campus Solutions will pick up and move one's possessions safely for the summer and back to their new room assignment in the fall. They also can store your student's belongings while they study abroad. To find our more information about Campus Solutions go to their website: http://gocampussolutions.com.
For additional general housing related questions please see our FAQ page.