Xavier grants credit for prior college courses as outlined below*, earned CLEP credit, military credit or training programs as recommended by the American Council on Eduction and the Ohio Police Officer's Training Academy, Upon admission, your adviser can walk you through the transfer process to help you get the most out of the credit you've received.
*Credit will be accepted for all college-level academic courses (except co-op and life experience) in which a grade of “C” or better has been earned at institutions of higher education that are accredited by one of the accrediting associations listed below:
- MSA - Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education
- HLC - Higher Learning Commission
- NEASC-New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- NWCCU-Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- SACS-Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- WASC-Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Transfer Credit Equivalencies
For a list of transferable credits from other institutions, please consult our Transfer Equivalency System (TES).
PLEASE NOTE: The TES database should be used as a guideline. Equivalencies are subject to change, are not guaranteed, and may count differently depending on a student’s degree program. Certain institutions and courses may not appear in our database. This does not mean that the courses will not transfer; only that they have not previously been presented for evaluation. A Xavier equivalency shown with the prefix ‘UNDE’ indicates we do not have an equivalent course at Xavier, but the credit is transferable as general elective credit. Transfer work evaluations are completed for deposited freshman and admitted transfers. Official transcripts are required in order for the transfer credit evaluation to be completed.
For a preliminary transfer evaluation, email your transcript (official or unofficial) to the APEX office, email@example.com Please indicate which degree/major you are interested in pursuing and we will get back to you with a review of your transfer credit and remaining courses to be taken at Xavier.
Transfer Policies - Refer to the University Catalog
- The transfer credit hours, but not the grade is recorded on the student’s Xavier transcript.
- At least one-half of the course requirements of the major and the last 30 semester hours must be completed at Xavier University for all undergraduate degrees.
- At least 60 semester hours toward a bachelor’s degree must be earned in an accredited four-year institution.
- At least one-half of all business courses must be completed at Xavier University for business majors.
- A minimum of 120 semester hours is required for most four-year degrees
- A minimum of 60 semester hours is required for most two-year degrees
- Transfer credit from more than 10 years ago may not be applied to major or business core requirements. If the course pertains to the university core curriculum or general electives, it is usually accepted.
- Students who transfer in two credit hours of a three-hour requirement may have the third hour waived in most cases.
- Current Xavier students must submit a completed Off-Campus Approval Form before taking the course(s) at another institution.
Please note that transfer policies are subject to change without notice.