In order for Student Employees to be paid, their time worked needs to be approved via Web Time Entry on the Employee Hub. You will receive an email making you aware that a new employee(s) has been recently set up on Web Time. You have until 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date as stated on the Student Payroll Schedule to submit your approval in order for your student employee(s) to be paid on time.
Approve your student employee(s) time via the Employee Hub as follows:
To get to the Hub:
1. Go to www.xavier.edu/employees/.
2. Click on self-service (you may need to login at this point).
3. Click on the Employee Services link.
4. Click on Time Sheet.
5. Choose Approve or Acknowledge Time. Click on Select.
6. Choose the correct dept/description.
7. From the drop down menu on the right, choose the correct pay period.
8. Click on Select.
9. Click on the Student Employee's name.
10. Review time entered by the student to insure it is correct.
11. Review Helpful Tips Below:
Helpful Tip 1: What happens if a student doesn't start entering their time and/or doesn't complete entering their time for a specific pay period by the deadline?
All students are locked out of their time sheet at 5:00 p.m. on the submit deadline for them.
If the student has started their web time entry but hasn't completed it before being locked out, their supervisor can enter student's hours for them. (Directions for how-See "Changing a Time Sheet" in Helpful Tip 4).
If the student doesn't start their web time entry at all, their supervisor will need to contact payroll to have the time sheet extracted so the time can be entered by the supervisor.
Remind your students to start and complete their timesheets on time.
Helpful Tip 2:
We encourage you to set up a proxy to approve the timesheets in your absence. Below are the steps to designate a proxy (backup approver).
DESIGNATING A PROXY (Back-up Approver)
A proxy is a person who can act as an Approver if you are unavailable.
On the Time Reporting Selection Page,
1. Click the Proxy Set Up hyperlink located at the very bottom of the page.
2. From the Name dropdown box, select the person you want designated as a proxy.
3. Click the box beside the selected person's name (in the Add Column).
4. Click the Save button.
Helpful Tip 3: