Option 2: Dual Degree (3+2) option
MS in AT (5 year option): Conditional Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Prospective students in the XU-Exercise Science major, interested in pursuing the Masters of Science in Athletic Training degree program must meet the pre-requisites listed below.
- Completion of Xavier University's core and Exercise Science degree requirements
- Completion of a minimum of 97 credits
- Overall 3.0 GPA
- Minimum grade of "C" in each pre-requisite course (C- is not acceptable)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all pre-requisite courses
- Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL 140-143) *Students changing their major from Biology can petition to use BIOL 160-161
- Exercise Physiology (EXSC 225)
- Chemistry + Lab (CHEM 150 and 151 or CHEM 160 and 161)
- Physics + Lab (PHYS 140 and 141 or PHYS 160 and 161)
- Nutrition (EXSC 330)
- Psychology (PSYC 101)
- Statistics (MATH 116 or 156)
- English Composition (ENGL 101) or Rhetoric (ENGL 115)
- Completion of 40 hours of Professional Exploration
*Please note that if all pre-requisite course requirements are met, including GPA, the GRE is not required for admission. If your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement or if you feel that your GPA is not a valid indicator of your ability, you may submit an application. If you have encountered challenges while attending school (personal, medical, financial, etc.) and would like to explain any inconsistencies in your academic performance, please do so. Applicants with a GPA below the minimum requirement may be required earn a competitive score on the GRE for admission.
Prospective students will be asked to submit the following along with an online application form.
- One official transcript sent directly from the college/university to the Office of the Graduate School, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work. Transcripts must demonstrate that the GPA, and pre-requisite course requirements have been met.
- Documentation of 40 hours of Professional exploration.
- Answers to 5 short questions about your observation experiences (if possible), career goals, and personality.
- Two letters from professional and/or academic references who are able to assess your potential for success in this program
- Technical Standards verification.
** The program director will invite applicants who demonstrate that they meet or can meet the admission criteria for a formal interview with Athletic Training program faculty (over the phone or via video conference).
Note: Students with incomplete prerequisites may apply; however, they must state how they will satisfy the prerequisites prior to the start of the program. A student with deficiencies may be considered for conditional admission to the program, however, all requirements must be met prior to the start of the program.