Xavier is proud to share our students' achievements.

Below, you will find some information about career placement, whether it be employment, volunteering or continuing education. Additionally, we share our retention rates, which are the percent of students who return to Xavier from one year to the next.

Undergraduate Employment | Graduate Employment | Undergraduate Retention | Graduate Retention

Undergraduate Employment Data

The Williams College of Business grooms its students with essential knowledge and skills needed to compete in the business world, but we don’t stop there. The College provides students with strong decision-making skills, a sense of ethics, social values and nuances or professional development and networking that enhance their career potential. The results are impressive.

  • $48,969 – average starting salary for business graduates
  • 39% - studied abroad during college
  • 63% - secured employment or planned to go to graduate school prior to graduation
  • 88% - interned during college
  • 98% - were employed or in post-graduate studies within 180 days of graduation

Class of 2017 Employment/Grad School Outcomes within 180 days of graduation

Employed

90%

Graduate School

8%

Total employed or in graduate school

98%

Volunteer Year

1%

Double-majored

17%

Knowledge Rate

91%

Accepted job by function

Finance/Accounting

47%

Marketing/Sales

18%

General Management

6%

Operations/Production

5%

Consulting

5%

Human Resources

4%

Data Analytics/Research

3%

Employed by Region (1% employed abroad)

Midwest (WI, MO, KS, IA, MN, NE, MI, OH, IN, ND, SD, IL)

78%

South (KY, NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, AL, AR, MS)

6%

Northeast (ME, NY, VT, NH, CT, MA, NJ, RI)

6%

Mid-Atlantic (PA, MD, VA, WV, DE, DC)

3%

West (CA, HI, WA, OR, AK, MT, ID, UT, NV, WY)

3%

Southwest (CO, AZ, TX, OK, NM)

3%

Top Employers

  • 84.51
  • CDK Financial
  • Club Essential
  • Cohen & Co.
  • Convergys
  • Enterprise
  • Ernst & Young
  • Fifth Third Bank
  • FTJ Fund Choice
  • General Electric
  • Grant Thornton
  • KPMG
  • Kroger
  • Macy’s
  • Medpace
  • Nielsen
  • Northwestern Mutual
  • Philips Edison & Co.
  • Power Distributions
  • PricewaterhouseCoopers
  • Reynolds & Reynolds
  • RSM US
  • Total Quality Logistics
  • USB Financial
  • US Bank
  • Venture for America
  • Western & Southern

Graduate Employment Data

Class of 2016-2017

In Fall 2016, the Williams College of Business admitted the second cohort of students into the Emerging Leader Full-Time MBA. Twenty-four students joined the second cohort and followed a block schedule of classes and completed their degree program in one calendar year.

About the class

  • 85% of the cohort completed their Xavier MBA, with 8% taking longer than one year to complete their degree.
  • 64% were employed within 1 year of graduation, with 5% having started their own businesses and 5% moving to advanced military leadership training.
  • 64% of the graduates remained in the Cincinnati area, with the remaining 36% moving to cities such as Cleveland, Dayton, Ft. Benning, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Topeka and Riyadh.

Companies hiring the 2017 ELMBA graduates

  • Carter Logistics
  • Cengage
  • The Clorox Company
  • Deloitte and Touche
  • EY
  • Fifth Third Bank
  • Lexis Nexis
  • NuVasive
  • Omnicare
  • Mercedes Benz USA
  • Payless Shoe Source
  • PSA Airlines
  • St. Elizabeth Physicians
  • US Bank
  • The Waddington Group

with position titles of Allocator, Assistant Marketing Manager, Associate Manger, Audit and Assurance Staff, Continuous Improvement Specialist, Financial Analyst, HR Coordinator, Marketing Analyst, Personal Banker, and Sr. Sales Analyst

Undergraduate Retention

WCB Undergraduate Retention Fall to Fall

Cohort Year Revised cohort Exclusions
(based on IPEDS
Exclusions)
2nd Year Count %
2016 257 218 85%

 

Graduate Retention

WCB MBA Retention Fall to Fall

Cohort Year 1st Year Count 2nd Year Count %
2016 141 91 65%