You do not have to be a music major to participate in one of our ensembles!
Xavier’s performing ensembles combine to reach approximately 10,000 people a year and demonstrate the commitment the department has made to the greater tri-state area. Xavier Music enriches our regional cultural world and is a major contributor to the University's strong tradition of service to others. Selected performances and venues include:
- 2018 collaboration with Queen City Opera
- 2017 National Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall, New York City
- 2016 American Musicology Society Conference; Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2014 Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Chamber Orchestra European Tour - Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague
- World Choir Games at Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Aronoff Center for the Arts, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Music Hall, Cincinnati, Ohio
- St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption Concert Series, Covington, KY
- Union Terminal Museum Organ Series, Cincinnati, Ohio
Performance options for Music Majors abound:
- More than 60 concerts annually during the fall and spring semesters
- Regular student performance in small chamber ensembles, including string quartets, mixed instrumental/vocal chamber groups, and percussion ensemble.
- Instrumental ensembles include the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Jazz Orchestra, and Chamber Orchestra
- Vocal ensembles include Concert Choir, Women's Chorus, Edgecliff Vocal Ensemble, and Opera Workshop