For Parents & Families
The information below is designed for you to help your student find success in their education abroad journey. The Education Abroad team is available to assist your student at any time before, during, or after their study abroad experience.
- Spring 2024 Study Abroad Applications are available - deadline is September 1!
- Fall Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break applications are now available. Winter and Spring Break programs applications are due October 1!
- Apply for or renew your US passport as soon as possible if you’re thinking of studying abroad in 2023-2024. The US State Department is experiencing long delays -- expedited passports are taking at least 7-9 weeks and regular service is 11-13 weeks. Generally your passport expiration date should be valid for 6 months after your departure date back to the US.
Why Your Student Should Study Abroad
Education Abroad Resources at Xavier
- Step-by-Step Guide to Education Abroad
- Finances & Financial Aid
- Study Abroad Terms to Know
- Apply for a Passport
- Immunizations and Vaccination Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
Health & Safety Information
- Student Health
- Student Safety
- US Department of State - Enroll in STEP
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Country Guide
- Study Abroad Fair - Friday, September 8, 2023 from 11:00am to 3:00pm on the Academic Mall
- Study Abroad 101 at Family Weekend - Saturday, October 21 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm in Health United Building, 4th Floor