Mission, Vision, Values and Strategy
Guided by Jesuit values, the mission of the Department of Sport Science and Management is to support students in achieving academic and professional goals involving moral and ethical exploration through rigorous course work and experiential learning.
The Department of Sport Science and Management will enhance Xavier’s national reputation for excellence in developing each student to be a leader and role model in their field and community.
- Cura Personalis: We believe in caring for others by recognizing the uniqueness and wholeness of each person.
- Magis: We believe in life-long learning and striving towards continuous improvement.
- Reflection: We believe in considering the world around us and our place within it.
- Diversity: We believe that diversity is a valuable and positive aspect of the student demographic.
- Inclusivity: We are committed to using inclusive learning practices to ensure all students have a chance for success.
- Education: We believe in student centered learning, experiential opportunities, and career preparedness.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching by using a comprehensive range of diverse experiences and pedagogical expertise to provide courses that are current, well-planned, engaging, inclusive, and challenging.
- Strive for improvement through continuous faculty professional development and reflection.
- Exhibit a clear commitment to the advancement of knowledge and the integration and application of knowledge through scholarly activity.
- Promote personal and professional development of our students through advising, mentoring, and when appropriate, conducting supervision of students in internships/field experiences.
- Ensure a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environment in which we treat each other with respect and take action to maximize the potential of all community members.