Office of the Registrar

Transfer Work Policies and Practices

Xavier University's official transfer credit policies can be found in our undergraduate and graduate University Catalogs.

New Transfer Students

New students who have been attending another college and are interested in transferring to Xavier University should contact the Office of Admissions. More information about transfer credit for incoming transfer students is available at their transfer credit page.

Continuing Students Taking Courses Elsewhere

Current Xavier students wanting to take course work at another institution must complete and submit the Off-Campus Approval Form prior to enrolling.

  • The coursework to be take elsewhere must be approved by the student's academic advisor and Dean's Office.
  • The student should be in good academic standing.
  • Equivalencies are determined and approved on a case-by-case basis by the subject area department chair. 
  • The student is responsible for requesting an official transcript of coursework taken elsewhere that includes the final grade(s).

Online Equivalency Listings

Use TES (Transfer Evaluation System) to search for how courses you have taken or are interested in taking at another institution will be evaluated and counted here at Xavier University.

PLEASE NOTE: The TES database should be used as a guideline. Equivalencies are subject to change, are not guaranteed, and may count differently depending on a student’s degree program. Certain institutions and courses may not appear in our database. This does not mean that the courses will not transfer; only that they have not previously been presented for evaluation. A Xavier equivalency shown with the prefix ‘UNDE’ indicates we do not have an equivalent course at Xavier, but the credit is transferable as general elective credit. Transfer work evaluations are completed for deposited freshman and admitted transfers. Official transcripts are required in order for the transfer credit evaluation to be completed.

  • Credit will be accepted for all college-level academic courses (except co-op and life experience) in which a grade of 'C' or better has been earned at institutions of higher education that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations. Some majors require higher grades for the course work to count toward degree-requirements.
  • Credits from accepted courses from other institutions are transferred, but the grades do not transfer.
  • Current Xavier students must submit a completed Off-Campus Approval Form before taking course(s) at another institution.

Prospective students can learn equivalency by viewing the transfer credit estimator.