Follow these steps to grant others permission to access information.
Step 1: Add Proxy Access
- Go to the Student Hub, click on "Self Service" and log on.
- Select the "Proxy Access" tab and select the link for "Proxy Management."
- Select "Add Proxy."
- Enter the first name, last name, and e-mail address of the person you wish to grant proxy access. NOTE: Proxy Access is given using e-mail addresses, so make sure you use the correct email address.
- Click "Expand" next to the proxy's name and complete the profile.
- Set the relationship type to "Parent or Legal Guardian"
- Enter a description (mom, dad, grandma, etc.) This is optional
- Enter a passphrase. This is only required IF you are allowing the proxy to have verbal conversations with anyone at Xavier University. This allows the university to verify their identity.
- If you would like, adjust the amount of time your parent will be given access (default is four years from today).
- If you set a passphrase, select the "E-mail Passphrase" icon. This will send your proxy an email with their passphrase.
- Wait for your parent to confirm by following the link in their email, then, have your parent complete steps 1-4 of "Activating Your Proxy Account". Then continue below.
Step 2: Your Proxy Activates Their Account
The person you just added will receive an e-mail asking him or her to set up a Password. You will also receive a copy of this e-mail in your Xavier account.
Step 3: Set Permissions
Click the "Authorization" link and select any permission you would like to grant to your proxy.
Get Started: Add Proxy Access Now
Download the printer friendly version of these instructions.
Questions? Need help? Contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or (513) 745-3941.