The following strengths of Xavier are re-affirmed commitments into the next decade:
1. Xavier's Jesuit Catholic identity pervades the culture as evidenced through the curriculum, the community's shared recognition of purpose, brand and identity, the foundational documents, and the campus' art and physicality.
2. The University successfully orients students, faculty, staff and administrators to the mission, and it continues to support the mission diligently through numerous curricular and co-curricular programs and initiatives.
3. The processes by which the tradition is expressed throughout the campus community are inclusive and broad. Everyone is invited into the mission and valued for their personal and professional appropriation of the University's Jesuit Catholic identity. This promise was articulated through the lens of Pope Francis' call for a "culture of encounter" in The Xavier Way: Seeking Integration and Wisdom document.
4. Community service and engagement are core commitments deeply embedded in the University's ethos as demonstrated through the various academic and co-curricular opportunities as well as the mutually beneficial partnerships with neighboring communities, civic organizations, local schools and regional affiliates.
5. Xavier's allocated resources effectively support the orientation, understanding and animation of the University's Jesuit Catholic identity.