Teaching at Xavier University
Primer: Xavier University, one of 27 Jesuit Catholic universities in the United States, is part of an educational tradition dating back to 1534 and known for academic excellence and innovation. Magis (pronounced "màh-gis") is Latin for "more" (as in quality) or "better". It is a terrific acronym for the distinctive characteristics of Jesuit education animated at Xavier
Want to know more?
- Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm
- Catholic Intellectual Tradition
- Ignatian Pedagogy
- 16 Characteristics of Jesuit Education
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Teaching to the Mission: Examples by Academic Discipline
- Thoughts on the University Mission Statement
- Taking Time to Reflect on Core Commitments in Jesuit Education
- Jesuit Terms A to Z
Let us know you've seen this web-page and we'll send you the lapel pin to show your M.A.G.I.S.