Xavier University is committed to providing incoming students with a good education at an affordable cost. Whether it's merit scholarships, grants, loans and employment, assistantships and fellowships, or even financing plans, Xavier is here to help you finance the education that you deserve.
For more information, please visit Xavier University's Financial Aid web site.
McAuley Art Scholarship Competition
Scholarships are awarded to incoming first-year students majoring in art with good academic achievement and outstanding artistic talent. The current four-year value of these awards is $152,000.
- Minimum of eight or maximum of twelve examples of your best work.
- Google Drive (make sure it's shareable!), Dropbox, WeTransfer, Flickr, etc, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- JPEG's on USB drives can be dropped off or sent directly to:
Department of Art/McAuley Art Scholarship
A. B. Cohen Center/Room 162
1658 Musketeer Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45207
*Mail early to assure meeting the February 1, 2024 competition deadline*
Portfolios must include your name, address, phone number, email address, high school, and must include an inventory list. A one-page personal resume is required. All work must be original. Copy work will not be considered. USB drives will not be returned unless a SASE is provided.
NOTE: You must apply for admission and be accepted to Xavier prior to February 1, 2024, the competition deadline. Only those accepted to Xavier by this date are eligible to compete for the scholarship.
- Quality of ideas - works give evidence of creative insights rather than being superficial, or a cliche
- Variety of expression - works give evidence of ability to use different means of expression with various materials and techniques.
- Sensitivity toward media - works give evidence that the ideas are appropriate for the media
- Exactness in technical executions - works give evidence that they are properly made.
- Understanding of compositional structures - works give evidence that their component parts are well organized and interrelated.
Methods of Selection
Students whose portfolios are selected are designated as semi-finalists. These students will be notified in writing regarding a mandatory interview with the Department of Art faculty.
Notification of Final Winners
The Scholarship winners will be notified in writing approximately two weeks after the semi-finalist interviews, and will be asked to make an early acceptance. If a finalist should decline the scholarship, an alternate will be notified in the order of merit as determined by the interviews.
For questions or requests, please call Terri Yontz at 513.745.3811. It is hoped that all applicants will choose to attend the Department of Art at Xavier University.