Economics is the study of how individuals and societies choose to use the resources that are available to them. Courses in economics examine topics such as inflation, unemployment, international trade, financial markets, inequality, development and government intervention in economic activity. Economic issues have an important impact on individuals, firms, industries, countries and the world as a whole.
By studying economics, you will:
- Develop an understanding of microeconomics, macroeconomics, developments in economic policy and their relevance, and interconnections between economics and other issues.
- Examine issues from many fields and apply economic tools to analyze real-world problems.
- Use technology to locate and process data, drawing conclusions from the analysis.
- Articulate and defend normative analyses.
- Sharpen your writing and speaking skills.
- Prepare for a career or graduate studies in a variety of fields, including business, law, medicine, government, non-profits and international relations.
Featured Advisory Board Member
Senior Financial Analyst
Limited Brands, Inc.
Ryan Hill is a Senior Financial Analyst and a member of the Corporate Finance / Capital Markets team in the company's Treasury Department. In his current role, Ryan's responsibilities center on enterprise-wide cash flow forecasting, management of the company's share repurchase program, and credit reviews of third-party vendors and contractors. In addition, the team handles all capital structure transactions and any M&A activity. Prior to joining Limited Brands, Ryan completed his B.S.B.A. in Economics and International Business at Xavier University in 2008, and he finished his J.D. / M.B.A. at The Ohio State University in 2011. Ryan is also a licensed member of the Ohio Bar (inactive).