Mina Lee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Management & Entrepreneurship
Dr. Lee is a Professor of Management (Strategy) at the Williams College of Business. She received her LL.M. in International Economic Law at the University of Warwick and M.B.A. at Purdue University. She obtained a Ph.D. in Strategic Management at Krannert School of Management, Purdue University. She earned the Krannert Certificate for Outstanding Teaching Award in 2007 and Undergraduate Teacher of the Year in 2016.
Currently, Dr. Lee teaches Strategic Management and International Management. She is interested in corporate strategy and global strategy. Specifically, her research investigates firms’ responses in corrupt environments, diversification, and divestiture. Her work has been published in the Business and Politics, Journal of International Management, International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, International Journal of Business and Globalisation, the Journal of Education for Business, and others.
First Year at Xavier
- Ph.D. Purdue University
- M.B.A. Purdue University
- LL.M. University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- B.A. Yonsei University, Korea
- Lee, M., Lee. M., & Lee, S. 2023. The Cost of Wrongdoing to Bystander Firms.” Business and Politics. doi:10.1017/bap.2023.8
- Lee, M., Lee, S., & Mutlu, C. 2022. Bribery and Firm Growth: Sensemaking in CEE and Post-Soviet Countries. Journal of International Management. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intman.2022.100975
- Krishnan, H., Cheung, M. & Lee, M. 2019. Pedagogy Training for Teaching an Online MBA Course: “The BRICS Nations” Journal of Education for Business. DOI: 10.1080/08832323.2019.1689903
- Jin, A., Wu, L., Cunningham, M., & Lee, M. 2018. Member-Sponsored Projects: A Case Study in a Graduate Operations Management Course. International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJIOME.2018.098081
- Park, D., Krishnan, H. A., Chinta, R. & Lee, M. 2017. After Acquiring Innovation and Sustainability: Executive effects. The Journal of Business Inquiry. 16(2): 112-130. http://journals.uvu.edu/index.php/jbi/article/view/80
- Jin, A., Cunningham, M., Wu, L., & Lee, M. 2016. Using Student-Selected Local Business Operations Projects in an Introductory Operations Management Undergraduate Course: Benefits over Alternatives. Operations Management Education Review. 10:103-128
- Lee, M., Yin, X., Lee, S., Weng, D. H., & Peng, M. W. 2015. “The impact of home country institutions on new venture export: Examining new ventures in transition economies.” International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal. 11(4): 823-842.