The Department of Management and Entrepreneurship offers the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Management. Management is the study of the processes that lead to an effective organization. The study of management provides students with a holistic understanding of the organization.as they learn the effect of planning, direction, control, evaluation, and integration of key business functions. Students will learn how organizations strategically position themselves within a competitive market, and the important role of individual-level interactions (e.g., leadership, team development, motivation) and operational logistics that are essential to organizational success.
By studying management, you will:
- Learn about managerial, leadership, and operational roles in organizations.
- Examine current and applicable theory and techniques concerning these roles.
- Apply sound philosophical principles to the wide range of problems encountered in business and society.
- Study how to approach business problems in an ethical, socially responsible manner.
In addition to traditional studies, management majors:
- Take advantage of internships at leading companies and organizations.
- Get matched with an Executive Mentor who works with the student for his or her four years at Xavier. The mentor can provide professional guidance, networking support, and career connections. Xavier is one of the first schools in the nation to offer this type of mentor program to all business students.
- Join the Business Leaders for Tomorrow (BLT) club, a student organization dedicated to furthering the career goals of students in all majors, with a focus for those in the fields of management and human resources. BLT's mission is to provide insight into possible management and human resources career paths, to help establish business contacts in the Cincinnati area, and to encourage the development of leadership skills within the Jesuit tradition. Students will gain on-site access to organizations, network with local professionals, hear top executive speakers, and actively participate in club operations and hosted events.