COVID-19 Immunization Update
Xavier is requiring all students to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status through the Med+Proctor system by Monday, Aug. 16, 2021. Vaccinated students will upload their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card. Unvaccinated students will upload a completed COVID-19 disclosure form through Med+Proctor indicating that they have chosen not to be vaccinated at this time and that they understand the implications of remaining unvaccinated. Students who are not able to get vaccinated should ask for support services.
Following CDC guidance, Xavier expects that fully vaccinated students will be able to freely enjoy the benefits of the traditional Xavier experience.
Fully vaccinated students:
- Will not be expected to wear masks on Xavier's campus.
- Will be able to engage in academic, co-curricular, and social opportunities without distancing.
- Will not be required to engage in quarantine if exposed to a COVID-positive individual, if asymptomatic.
- May be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if University policy changes once full FDA approval is given for the vaccines.
- May be required to participate in community health protective practices such as mandatory surveillance testing.
- Should continue to follow CDC guidance, including wearing masks indoors and maintaining physical distance when possible.
- Will be required to isolate for 10 days upon receiving a positive COVID-19 test.
- Will be required to quarantine for up to10 days if exposed to a COVID-positive individual.
- May have limited access to remote instruction during isolation or quarantine due to the fully in-person academic experience.
- May not be eligible for certain University programs including but not limited to clinical and other field placements.
- Nursing students should read a message from Dr. Judith Lewis, Interim Dean of the College of Nursing, regarding Castlebranch requirements for clinical/lab courses.
- Mandatory reporting of COVID-19 vaccination status does not apply to students enrolled in fully-online graduate programs.
Xavier University has additional vaccine requirements for all First Year, new Transfer, and International Students.
Providing Evidence of Vaccinations
Incoming students are required to provide evidence of vaccinations through the platform at Med+Proctor. There is no charge for this service, though you have the option to purchase a membership that will provide lifetime access to your immunization data that can be shared with others, as you designate.
Step One: Register
Visit Med+Proctor and select register to start a new account. Type in your Xavier University email address to get started and follow the directions to complete your profile.
Step Two: Download
Fill out any required personal, or medical information. Download the required forms and follow the directions provided. If you are uploading a certified copy of immunization records (and not using the form provided by Med+Proctor) please be sure that the record has your provider's office stamp on it, as well as the provider's signature, or signature of the office designee.
Step Three: Upload
Log back into your MedProctor account and upload a copy of your forms. Make sure your forms are complete and legible. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.
Questions and Support
If you have difficulty using MedProctor, you may contact MedProctor between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. During these hours you can live chat with their support agents directly from their support site or while you are completing your student workflow. This feature is located at the bottom right of the screen on either Med+Proctor site.
You may also email email@example.com with your issue and this will create a ticket for their support agents to take care of you.
Risks and Benefits of Immunizations
Visit the Center for Disease Control's Vaccine Safety page for information about immunization safety, benefits, and risks.
For questions about immunization exemptions, please contact 513-745-3041