Student Handbook

1.4.2 - Procedures for Making a Complaint about Off-Campus Neighbors

Complaints about off-campus neighbors should be called into the Xavier University Police Department at the time the disturbance is occurring to generate a complaint record. Call 513-745-2000 for non-emergencies and 513-745-1000 for emergencies. Depending upon the nature of the complaint, you may also wish to call either the Cincinnati Police Department (citywide dispatch) at 513-765-1212 or the Norwood Police Department at 513-458-4520.

When making a complaint, please furnish as much information as possible. The Officers of the Xavier University Police Department should know the address of the house at which the disturbance is taking place or license plate numbers if there are parking violations involved.

The Xavier University Police Department Officers will respond to complaints by members of the communities surrounding Xavier. Normally, if they respond to a disturbance they will speak to responsible parties at the address and advise them a complaint has been received. At the Officers' discretion, and if warranted, a request may be made to terminate the event.