Welcome to Xavier University’s online Student Handbook. The Student Handbook is available in its entirety on this website and can be accessed via the links below. You can also find a printer friendly version of the Student Handbook.
- General Information (Section 1)
- Standards of Student Conduct (Section 2)
- Response to Student Behavior (Section 3)
Xavier’s Community Commitments in response to COVID-19 will keep each other and our campus safe. Students are expected to comply with these commitments. Failure to do so may result in a referral to the student conduct process. The Community Commitments may be modified in response to changing conditions and currently are as follows:
- Wear a mask when indoors in a campus building, including all classrooms, lab spaces and offices, with the following exceptions:
- Masks are not required while actively eating or drinking.
- Masks are not required in residential spaces, as these are the primary living spaces for students residing at Xavier. However, masks are strongly encouraged in residence hall lobbies and common spaces.
- Masks might not be required in certain special circumstances. Such exceptions will be posted or otherwise communicated by the University as appropriate. If you are unsure if a mask is required, wear a mask.
- Masks are not required when alone in a non-public space, such as an office or cubicle.
- Report COVID-19 symptoms immediately by calling Student Health Services or emailing COVID support services (email@example.com).
- Disclose COVID-19 vaccination status via Med+Proctor.
- Limit exposure to other members of the Xavier community when experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Cooperate fully with all guidance from Xavier’s COVID support services, which includes, but is not limited to, testing, contact tracing, and quarantine and isolation.
- Anticipate potential disruption and preparing for a fluid and dynamic campus environment.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion, and generosity in interactions with each other as we navigate these complex and difficult circumstances.
Updates to the Community Commitments will be communicated via email to the campus.
For more information or questions regarding the Student Handbook, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (513) 745-3166.