Welcome to Xavier University’s online Student Handbook. The Student Handbook is available in its entirety on this website and can be accessed via the links below. You can also find a printer friendly version of the Student Handbook.
- General Information (Section 1)
- Standards of Student Conduct (Section 2)
- Handling of Student Conduct Matters (Section 3)
Xavier’s Community Commitments in response to COVID-19 will keep each other and our campus safe. Students are expected to comply with these commitments. Failure to do so may result in a referral to the student conduct process. The Community Commitments are as follows:
- Always wear a facemask indoors and in any situation in which physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Engage in responsible socializing with friends – on and off campus - and avoid large social gatherings. Per the state of Ohio guidelines, social gatherings must be no larger than 10 people.
- Practice social distancing, especially in classrooms and other shared spaces.
- Conduct daily self-health assessments and reporting symptoms immediately.
- Limit exposure to other members of the Xavier community when experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19. This includes following all guidelines set forth when directed to quarantine or isolate.
- Participate fully in all testing, treating, and contact tracing procedures.
- Appropriately clean campus spaces, such as classrooms and meeting rooms after using them.
- Anticipate potential disruption and preparing for a fluid and dynamic campus environment.
- Utilize the 4R approach (Remind, Request, Remedy, Report) when engaging with others to promote compliance with Community Commitment behaviors.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion, and generosity in interactions with each other as we navigate these complex and difficult circumstances.
For more information or questions regarding the Student Handbook, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (513) 745-3166.