Graduate Admission


Xavier offers need-based grants for students in specific programs. Grants typically range from $180 to $480 per semester. Students must be enrolled in at least 5 hours in a semester to receive funds for that semester. In order to be considered for a Graduate Grant, students must be fully admitted and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year by Xavier's priority deadline of February 15.

Catholic or School District Partnership Teachers

Print the financial assistance form for Catholic teachers and school district partnership teachers. 

Off-site Masters of Education students and Withrow High School Teachers

Print the graduate study grant application for off-site M.Ed. students and Withrow teachers. 

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

This is a federal grant program awarding up to $3,772 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.

  • The TEACH grant requires that students agree to work as a full-time teacher in a high-need field, in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students. A TEACH grant recipient must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which the TEACH grant was received. IMPORTANT: If a student fails to complete this teaching obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that were received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. This loan plus all accrued interest must be repaid to the U.S. Department of Education. Interest will be charged from the date the grants were disbursed.
  • Students must meet certain achievement requirements. New students generally need to score above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test. Continuing students need to maintain at least a 3.25 GPA (each semester).
  • Students must complete initial counseling prior to receiving the grant, subsequent counseling prior to each award year, and exit counseling after leaving the university.
  • Students must complete a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve or Repay (Agreement) each year to receive a TEACH grant. Information about high-need fields and schools serving low-income students, eligibility requirements, grant conditions, and the service agreement is available at