Xavier wants students who are prepared to be successful academically and to contribute positively to the Xavier community as a whole. Students may submit applications beginning in late summer (before the senior year) for fall or spring semester admission.
Decisions are typically made based upon grades earned through the junior year as well as other criteria including the essay, activities and involvement, guidance counselor recommendation and ACT or SAT scores. Application review will begin in late October and decisions will be released online and through the mail shortly thereafter.
- Students who have submitted all required application materials by December 1, 2015 will receive their admission decision by the holidays.
- Students who have submitted all required application materials after December 1, 2015 will receive their admission decision on a rolling basis within four to six weeks.
- August 1, 2015 - Xavier online application is made available
- December 1, 2015 - Deadline to receive admission decision by the holidays
- January 15, 2016 - Deadline to apply for the Nursing program
- February 1, 2016 - Deadline to apply for the Occupational Therapy program and to be considered for all scholarships and awards
Please note: The latest possible test dates that meet the Feb. 1 scholarship deadline are Dec. 13, 2015 for the ACT and Dec. 6, 2014 for the SAT.
- Common Online Application - Free
- (Please note: The Common Application indicates an Early Action deadline of December 1. This is the deadline to receive an admission decision by the holidays. With the exception of our selective admission programs, Xavier operates on a rolling admission basis).
- Common Paper Application - Requires $35 application fee
- Applicants submitting the Common App should answer all required questions on the Xavier member page within the Common Application.
All First-Year Applicants must submit a complete set of credentials, including:
- Counselor Recommendation Form
- Current, official secondary school transcript
- Results from the SAT (Xavier's code is 1965) and/or the ACT (Xavier's code is 003366)
- Essay (all first-year applicants are required to submit an essay as part of their application; this can be included on the application for admission or a separate document)
- List of activities and awards (should be included on the application for admission or a separate document)
Please mail all documents to:
Office of Admission
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
Scholarship DeadlinesFebruary 1, 2016 - Deadline to apply to be considered for all scholarships and awards