- Do you find yourself sitting at the computer thinking: "I only have three pages and this assignment requires five, but I have nothing more to say!" ?
- Are you one of those people who say: "It's getting started that's so hard. If I just had a starting point, I'd be fine. The rest would come to me" ?
- Do you find yourself at your desk with books and papers strewn about thinking "I just don't understand how to start this assignment. I'm not even sure of what I'm supposed to be doing" ?
- Are you generally an able writer but want to learn how to incorporate quotations smoothly or to proofread for errors?
- Do you ever wish you could talk to someone about an assignment in order to gather and organize your thoughts?
- Has a professor ever returned an essay to you with a suggestion to go to the Writing Center?
- Do you need a quiet place to work on a writing project or access to computers?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, visit the James A. Glenn Writing Center!
As all experienced writers know, writing sometimes happens best when two writers put their heads together on a project. That's why Writing Center tutors are available to assist students at all stages of the writing process: understanding an assignment, generating ideas, drafting, organizing, revising, editing, addressing sentence structure, grammar, punctuation concerns, and documenting sources. A tutor's purpose is to support you as you work on any of your writing assignments; he/she can even assist you in refining cover letters and resumes.
The Writing Center is equipped with computers and a duplex printer. Also available in the Writing Center's library are such resources as research guides, style manuals and handbooks, and documentation guides for a number of disciplines.