As a transfer student, you will get individual attention so you can get the most from the credit you've received. Our counselors will review your transfer credits with you and work with you one-on-one to plan your schedule.
To apply for admission: submit one of the following applications. (The on-line application is free while the paper application requires a $35 non-refundable application fee.)
APPLY ONLINESubmit a complete set of credentials, including:
- an official copy of high school transcript or GED test scores
- official copies of transcripts from all colleges attended
- a listing of all courses for which you are currently enrolled (if you are currently taking classes)
- written essay
* The Office of Admission may request the following of any applicant; ACT/SAT scores, an in-person or Skype interview, and/or a recommendation from an employer or someone familiar with the applicant’s work history or academic preparedness.
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
- The rank of advanced standing to which the student will be admitted will depend upon the quality and quantity of the work done in the other regionally accredited institution.
- Credit is given for all academic courses (except co-op and life experience) in which a grade of "C" or better has been received.
- The transfer credit, but not the grade is recorded on the students Xavier transcript.
- At least one-half of the course requirements of the major and the last 30 semester hours must be completed at Xavier University for all undergraduate degrees.
- At least 60 semester hours toward a bachelors degree must be earned in an accredited four-year institution.
- At least one-half of all business courses must be completed at Xavier University for business majors.
- A minimum of 120 semester hours is required for most four-year degrees (excluding business, which requires 125).
- A minimum of 60 semester hours is required for most two-year degrees (excluding business, which requires 65).
- Certain waivers or substitutions apply to students who transfer in 30 or more semester hours.
- Transfer credit from more than 10 years ago may not be applied to major or business core requirements. If the course pertains to the university core curriculum or general electives, it is usually accepted.
- Students who transfer in two credit hours of a three-hour requirement may have the third hour waived in most cases.
Please note that transfer policies are subject to change without notice. Please schedule an appointment with an admission counselor to discuss the most current policies regarding transferring to Xavier University.