Board of Elections
Congratulations to the newly elected SGA Executives and Senators!
2023 SGA Executives:
President: Ashley Findley
Vice President: Rebecca Thomas
Vice President: Aidan Poliseno
2023 SGA Senators:
SGA 2023 Executive Tickets
Ashley Findlay (President), Aidan Poliseno (VP), and Rebecca Thomas (VP) are the Executive ticket for the 2023 election cycle. To learn more about their platform, click the link here.
RUN FOR SGA!
SGA Executives are elected by popular vote from among the student body. One President and two Vice Presidents are elected as a ticket.
Student Senators are elected by popular vote from among the student body. Twenty senators are elected each fall, 16 at-large senators and four first-year senators.
SGA ELECTION DATES AND IMPORTANT INFO
SGA Elections will take place on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 from 8am until 8pm. All eligible voters (all undergraduate students) will be emailed a link to vote.
- Wednesday, October 12 at 12pm: Paperwork to run for Senate or Executive Due to BOE
- This includes Declarations of Candidacy, Candidate Profiles, Headshots, and Nominating Petitions.
- Declarations of Candidacy and Nominating Petitions should be turned into BOE advisor Sophie Stewart in GSC 210. These should be submitted in hard copy.
- Candidate Profiles and Headshots should be submitted to the BoE chair via EngageXU.
- Sunday, October 16 at 10am: Campaign Period Begins
- Tuesday, October 18, 10am - 4pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Thursday, October 20, 5pm-6:30pm, GSC Lower Level Atrium: SGA Executive Candidates Event
- Monday, October 24, 12pm, SGA Meeting Verification forms due
- The Senator Informational Meeting Verification form and Executive Advisor Informational Meeting Verification form should be turned into BOE advisor Sophie Stewart in GSC 210. These should be submitted in hard copy.
- Monday, October 24, 5pm-6:30pm, GSC Lower Level Atrium: SGA Senate Candidates Event
- Tuesday, October 25, 6pm-7:30pm, Hoff Dining Commons: SGA Executive Debate hosted in partnership with the Newswire (Executive Candidates Only)
- Wednesday, October 26, 8am-8pm: SGA ELECTIONS! (Check your email!)
- Wednesday, October 26, 10am, Xavier Yard & GSC 1st floor: Donut Forget to Vote! (Senate Candidates)
- Wednesday, October 26, 10am-4pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Wednesday, October 26, 8pm: Deadline for Candidates (Senate and Executive) to submit budgets with paid receipts to the BOE
Below are links to important election documents for all candidates or persons interested in running:
Elections Code *Subject to change up to 30 days prior to any election.
BOARD OF ELECTIONS MEMBERS
The Board of Elections (BOE) is a subordinate body of SGA that facilitate those elections, ensures all requirements of the Elections Code are followed, and is responsible for announcing the official Elections results. The BOE is comprised of a chair and a representative from each class. The 2019-2020 BoE is:
Click any name above to email a member of the Board of Elections.