Join a Club
WHY SHOULD I JOIN A CLUB?
It's more than just a club, it's an experience!
Joining a club is one of the easiest ways to enhance your own experience. During fall 2019, it is reported that 3,441 Xavier students were involved in over 165 student organizations. Learning outside of the classroom is a critical part of the college experience and can engage personal skill development, such as:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Delegating Tasks
- Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Communication
- Leading a Group
- Time Management
- Working and Interacting with Diverse Groups of People
Did you know?
Students who are applying for jobs or internships frequently use their experiences and the skills developed in a student organization to help demonstrate what they've learned outside of the classroom.
Back to Top
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT CLUB FOR ME?
Here are some helpful questions to ask when considering which club is right for you:
- What do I want to gain most from this experience? Learning more about my area of study? Creating new friendships and relationships? Honing my leadership skills? Creating a bullet point for my resume? Serving others and giving back to my community? Furthering my faith with others?
- Do I want to be affiliated with a national organization - one that will connect me with others from around the country who are also members of this organization? Some national organizations will have membership dues associated with being a part of the group.
- What are my interests and values? Which groups will connect me with others who share these interests and values? Try searching on our List of Clubs and Organizations for keywords related to your interests and values.
- How much time will I have to commit to an organization? With my class schedule and work schedule, how much free time can I give to being involved? How much responsibility am I willing to take on with being a part of a club?
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
OrgSync is our campus' connector to student organizations. Every member of our campus has access to OrgSync, and as a user you can explore our 170+ clubs and organizations, connect with current organization members, and find out when and where they meet.
We encourage you to browse the List of Clubs and Organizations, read the description or purpose of the organization and contact the group's president if you have an interest in joining. Many of these groups do advertise their open meeting times and will welcome you to attend - make sure you confirm with the president on their next meeting location, time and date.
Departments and Offices
Many academic departments have an Academic club that is directly associated with their program. To find out more information, you can
- Stop by the department office to find out what groups may be directly affiliated with their majors, minors or programs
- Ask your professor if there are any clubs that are connected to the classes you are taking (ie. Accounting Society, Computer Science Club, History Club, American Marketing Association at Xavier, Physics Club, Student Nurse Organization and the Sports Medicine Association)
- Browse the List of Clubs and Organizations where you can sort by category (including Academic) to find out more about existing groups.
Club Day / Winter Club Day
Each semester, we offer an activities fair for students to engage, learn about and get involved with student organizations. Mark your calendars and see for yourself many of the groups that Xavier has to offer.
Office of Student Involvement Staff
Staff members in the Office of Student Involvement are available to meet with you and to discuss available opportunities to get involved, helping to find the right one for you. To make an appointment, please contact us in advance. We look forward to meeting with you!