Handshake - Jobs/Internships
Looking for a Campus Student Employee Position or Internship?
Campus positions are posted on Handshake, Xavier’s Job and Internship resource. To apply for any position via Handshake, you will need to upload requested documents such as a resume, cover letter or student work availability form.
Before applying for positions, view below how to prepare these documents, then follow instructions at the bottom of the page to search and apply for student employee campus positions.Prepare your resume. When applying for positions, you will be required to upload* your resume to Handshake. View the following samples of a first year student resume, to get started. Upload* it as a pdf file to Handshake.
Complete a Student Work Availability Form. Many Xavier employers will require you to provide your class schedule and work availability. If you know what your schedule will be for the upcoming Fall Semester, you can easily fill out this form and upload* it as a pdf file to Handshake to have it ready to submit when you apply for positions. Complete the Student Work Availability Form.
Prepare a cover letter. Some employers will require a cover letter to be included as part of the application process. Even if it’s not required, a cover letter can highlight your interest in the position and why you may be a good fit for the position. To get started on composing a cover letter View the sample cover letter. Upload* it as a pdf file to Handshake.
Search and Apply for Positions
- Log into Handshake with your Xavier username and password.
- From your home page,
- Click on "Jobs"
- In the Job Search screen, click on the "On-Campus" filter
- From the list of positions, click on the Job Posting you are interested in
- Review the Job Posting description and qualifications
- Prepare all required documents needed
- If you are qualified for and interested in the position, click "Apply"
- Employers will review student applicant information and will contact applicants they are interested in considering for their position.
- If hired, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork prior to starting work. You will need to bring to campus acceptable original ID to complete this paperwork. View the details!
**If you are unsure whether you have Federal Work Study, which many positions are restricted to, contact Student Employment at email@example.com or 513-745-4880.