Reading Endorsement State Application Instructions
The following items are required at Xavier University to apply for State of Ohio, Reading Endorsement. If you did not complete your Reading Endorsement Program through Xavier University, stop and contact the university where you completed your Reading Endorsement Program.
You MUST hold a current, valid Ohio teaching license.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY'S IRN# 064030 (You will need this # for the Signature section when searching for the organization.)
Apply for Reading K-12 ENDORSEMENT
You must use a Visa or MasterCard for payment ($20.00). Apply for license at:
Log into your SAFE Account
Click on ODE CORE
Click on My Educator Profile
At the top, hover for drop-down under My Educator Profile and click on My Credential
Select the 4/5 year license you want to add the new credential
Click on the drop down menu and select Add Area.
Click on Apply
Follow these instructions:
Answer all questions completely and honestly
Check appropriate Credential Type and Field(s)
Indicate license to begin effective date
- Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Reading Subtest I/038 and OAE Reading Subtest II/039 are required for the Reading Endorsement. For additional information please visit http://www.oh.nesinc.com. Your official test scores should be sent to Xavier University and the Ohio Department of Education.
- Xavier University coursework requirements. Please see your advisor or program director with any questions about completing all program requirements.
- Graduate students must send all previous official transcript(s) to (if finalized official transcripts were not previously submitted):
Graduate Services Office
100 Hailstones Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3211.
Telephone (513) 745-3360
- Check on bursar holds. If you have a bursar hold the Registrar's Office will not release your official transcript needed to review and process licensure.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 745-3701.