Richie Liu, PhD
Assistant Professor, Marketing
Dr. Richie Liu is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the Williams College of Business at Xavier University. He focuses on teaching marketing strategy to undergraduates, MBA, and executive MBA students. His research interests are in the areas of branding and pro-social marketing. Before transitioning to academia, Richie spent 10 years in industry in both public accounting and corporate banking. He completed his PhD in Marketing at Washington State University, MBA at Gonzaga University, and BS in Economics at Santa Clara University.
First Year at Xavier
- PhD in Marketing at Washington State University
- MBA at Gonzaga University
- BS in Economics at Santa Clara University.
- Liu, Richie L., Sakdipon Juasrikul, and Hyunsoon Yim, “Dark Side of Seeking R&D Resource Diversity: Implications for Post-Alliance Innovation Outcomes,” Australasian Marketing Journal (Forthcoming).
- Minton, Elizabeth A., Tan Soo Jiuan, Tambyah Siok Kuan, and Richie L. Liu, “Drivers of Sustainability and Consumer Well-Being: An Ethically-Based Examination of Religious and Cultural Values,” Journal of Business Ethics (Forthcoming).
- Peterson, Mark, Elizabeth A. Minton, Richie L. Liu, and Darrell E. Bartholomew (2021), “Sustainable Marketing and Consumer Support for Sustainable Businesses,” Sustainable Production and Consumption, 27, 157-168.
- Minton, Elizabeth A. and Richie L. Liu (2021), “Religiosity and Consumer Belonging: Influences on Product Evaluations,” Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 20 (1), 32-47.
- Elizabeth Minton and Richie L. Liu. (2019). "It's Only Once, So Let's Indulge: Testing Ordinary vs. Extraordinary Experience within Marketing Messaging, Temporal Distance, and Consumer Indulgence". Journal of Consumer Affairs. (53), 3, 1084-1116.
- Elizabeth Minton, Kathryn Johnson, and Richie L. Liu. (2019). "Religiosity and Special Food Consumption: The Explanatory Effects of Moral Priorities". Journal of Business Research. (95), 442-454.
- Todd Weaver, Mark Mulder, Leslie Koppenhafer, Kristin Scott, and Richie L. Liu. (2019). "Diving In or Driving By: Tensions Between Relational and Transactional Approaches to Poverty Alleviation". Journal of Business Research. (100), 431-440.
- Elizabeth Minton, Richie L. Liu, and Christopher Lee. (2018). "The 101 Calorie Mini Pack: The Interaction Between Numerical and Verbal Marketing Cues". Marketing Letters. (29), 2, 225-239.
- Sakdipon Juasrikul, Arvin Sahaym, Sean Yim, and Richie L. Liu. (2018). "Do Cross-Border Alliances with MNEs from Developed Economies Create Firm Value for MNEs from Emerging Economies?". Journal of Business Research. (93), 98-110.
- Richie L. Liu, David Sprott, Eric Spangenberg, Sandor Czellar, and Kevin Voss. (2018). "Consumer Preference for National vs. Private Brands: The Influence of Brand Engagement and Self-Concept Threat". Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (41), 90-100.
- Richie L. Liu and Elizabeth Minton. (2018). "Faith-Filled Brands: The Interplay of Religious Branding and Brand Engagement in the Self-Concept". Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (44), 305-314.
- Jeff Joireman, Richie L. Liu, and Ioannis Kareklas. (2018). "Images Paired with Concrete Claims Improve Skeptical Consumers’ Responses to Advertising Promoting a Firm’s Good Deeds". Journal of Marketing Communications. (24), 1, 83-102.
- Kathryn Johnson, Richie L. Liu, Elizabeth Minton, Darrell Bartholomew, Mark Peterson, Adam Cohen, and Jeremy Kees. (2017). "Citizens’ Representations of God and Support for Sustainable Policies". Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. (36), 2, 362-378.
- David Sprott and Richie L. Liu. (2016). "Research Trends on Branding in Consumer Psychology". Current Opinion in Psychology. (10), 124-128.
- Jeff Joireman, Dustin Smith, Richie L. Liu, and Jonathan Arthurs. (2015). "It’s All Good: Corporate Social Responsibility Reduces Negative and Promotes Positive Responses to Service Failures among Value-Aligned Customers". Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. (34), 1, 32-49.
- Jeff Joireman and Richie L. Liu. (2014). "Future-Oriented Women will Pay to Reduce Global Warming: Mediation via Political Orientation, Environmental Values, and Belief in Global Warming". Journal of Environmental Psychology. (40), 4, 391-400.
- Patil, Vivek H., Peggy Sue Loroz, and Richie L. Liu. (2014). “Outcomes Assessment for Mission: Measuring the Impact of Jesuit Education”. Journal of Jesuit Business Education. (5), 1, 15-34.