International Admissions Home

Exchange Students

In order to apply as an Exchange student, please submit the following documents:

  1. Advisor Recommendation: Please have your advisor at your home school complete the Advisor Recommendation Form.
  2. Application: Submit an undergraduate exchange application or a graduate exchange application.
  3. Official Transcripts: Submit official or certified copies of transcripts for all college/university education. All transcripts/marksheets must be submitted in English. In addition, if the student has only attended a college/university for less than one semester, transcripts from secondary schools will also be required.
  4. Exchange Student Registration Form: In order to register for classes, please complete the Exchange Student Registration Form. Your advisor must sign off on each course for approval. A list of available courses can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website. Once there, click on Search Classes on the top right. Classes for the next term will be available 60 days prior to the start of classes. Please DO NOT list courses from the course catalog as not all courses are offered every semester.
  5. Test Scores: Not required for students transferring from English-speaking countries and/or schools. Scores are required if student is transferring from a non-English speaking institution. Minimum scores are as follows:

    TOEFL: iBT 79, PBT 550
    IELTS: 6.5
    Cambridge Certificate: Level B2
    PTE: 55 (MBA: 65)
    MELAB: 75 (MBA: 80)
    Step-Eiken: Grade Pre-1 (MBA: Grade 1) (Japanese students only)

In addition, in order to expedite your immigration paperwork, we recommend you provide the following documents along with your application materials:

  1. Copy of Passport: Copy of the pages of your passport where your picture and information is shown.
  2. Official Bank Statement: The official bank statement must be original (no faxed, e-mailed or scanned copies accepted) and show the Financial Requirements minus any scholarships you may have received. Please mail original documents to the Office of Admission address provided below.
  3. Financial Sponsor Statement Form: The Financial Sponsor Statement Form must be completely filled out and signed by the sponsor (for each sponsor if there is more than one) if the financial documents are not under the student's name.
  4. Dependents: If you will be bringing your spouse and child(children) from abroad, you must verify that you have enough funding to cover for their living expenses while they accompany you. Please see the Financial Requirements form to calculate what their costs would be. In addition, please also provide copies of their passports and evidence of their family tie to you (marriage certificate or birth certificates). You may mail them in or email them to

Electronic copies of all documents can be uploaded via the application portal or emailed to Please include your full name and application number in the email.

Xavier requires the use of eShipGlobal for express mail for international documents. Please click on the link for more information.

HEALTH INSURANCE: Please be advised that all exchange students will be charged for the Xavier Health Insurance in order to meet U.S. federal regulations. DO NOT purchase other health insurance or you may be paying for two policies. Click on the following link to learn about the Health Insurance Requirement.

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at +1 (513) 745-2864, or via e-mail, at