Calendar Year 2024 Medical Wellbeing Rate Requirements
Xavier University encourages the Xavier community to engage in healthy behavior and proactive health management. Employees hired prior to July 1, 2023, can qualify for the calendar year 2024 medical wellbeing rate by completing an annual preventative physical with their Primary Care Physician and a biometric screening. Any employee enrolling their spouse in medical coverage for 2024 will also need to have their spouse complete an annual preventative physical with their PCP and a biometric screening. Please note, the online health risk assessement is now optional and no longer required. All requirements must be completed AND submitted between September 15, 2022 and September 14, 2023.
What is the medical wellbeing rate?
The medical wellbeing rate is a $50 per month ($600 per year) decrease from the standard rate.
Requirements for the medical wellbeing rate
- Visit Primary Care Physician (PCP) for annual preventative physical. Documentation from the Primary Care Physician must be submitted to confirm the physical. View more information on the importance of having a Primary Care Physician.
- Complete a biometric screening either through your PCP or on-campus. Free on-campus screenings will be offered in spring and late summer 2023. Documentation from the Primary Care Physician must be submitted to confirm the screening. Only one biometric screening is required; on-campus OR with your PCP.
- *If enrolling your spouse in medical coverage, your spouse will also need to complete requirements 1 and 2. Spouses will be able to complete their biometric screening at one of the on-campus screenings or with their PCP. Documentation from the Primary Care Physician must be submitted to confirm the screening.
All requirements for the calendar year 2024 must be completed and documentation submitted between September 15, 2022, and September 14, 2023. The Office of Human Resources strongly encourages you to complete the requirements by August 15, 2023, to ensure your PCP submits your paperwork prior to the deadline.
Please note the changes for the 2024 Healthier You program year were approved by Xavier's Benefits Committee to encourage spouses that are covered on the medical insurance to receive an annual physical with their PCP. As we've seen, early detection of chronic illnesses is key in maintaining a healthy population and reducing large insurance claims.
If you do not have a PCP and you are currently enrolled in Xavier's medical insurance, Anthem's Find a Provider tool can assist in finding an in-network provider.
2023 On-Campus Biometric Screening Dates
Sign up for your Biometric Screening through the Xavier Wellbeing Tri-Health Integrated Portal.
Dates, time, and location
All screenings are held in the Health United Building (HUB), rooms 102/103, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Friday, April 21, 2023
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023
- Thursday, July 13, 2023
- Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- Thursday, August 31, 2023
Employees who complete and submit the requirements by August 15, 2023 will be entered into the early bird prize drawings. Two winners will be drawn on each of the following dates: June 15, July 14, and August 15. View the flyer for full details.