Finance is the study of three interrelated areas:
- Managerial finance, which deals with financial decisions within the firm.
- Investments, which involve the decisions of individuals and institutions as they select assets for their investment portfolios.
- Financial institutions and markets, which considers the management of firms with assets that are primarily financial assets such as loans, stocks and bonds. Consideration is algo given to how firms are affected by money and capital markets.
By studying finance, you will:
- Learn the concepts, skills and techniques necessary for planning, raising funds, making investments and controlling costs.
- Apply analytical skills to identify problems, propose and evaluate solutions, and ultimately make management decisions.
- Be prepared for a professional career in the finance field in for-profit companies and non-profit organizations.