National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is the governing body of the historical Black Greek organizations known as the Divine Nine. The National Pan-Hellenic Council at Xavier University is comprised of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated
To be eligible to be initiated into a fraternity or sorority all persons must:
- Have a class standing of at least a second semester freshmen..
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 grade point scale at the time of initiation, as reflected in the most recent records of the Office of the Registrar.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the time of initiation.
- Be classified as a full-time (12 credits or more a semester) undergraduate student at Xavier University during the entire semester of intake (the semester prior to initiation).
- Must have completed at least one academic semester at Xavier University.
- Must attend the mandatory Greek 101 program for students interested in participating in intake.
In addition to the above, Xavier University recognizes and respects your right to affiliate with the currently chartered organizations: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
For more information or if you have any questions about the National Pan-Hellenic Council, contact Sam Terry.