Current members of the Xavier University community who are in good standing can access to a variety of Digital Media capturing devices.
All equipment is due the following day, with a maximum of one renewal. Any special requests to modify the lending period must be made in advance of checking out the equipment. Any items overdue are subject to a late fee charged per day, up to the full replacement cost of the item.
If you are new to checking out equipment at the Digital Media Lab, make sure to review our full Borrower Responsibilities
To check out equipment we recommend reserving the equipment in advance and scheduling a pickup time to ensure timely service and practice safe social distancing from other patrons. Equipment can be reserved below, and you can schedule a time to pick it up on our Circulation Reservations site.
High Definition Video Cameras
- 20 Mega-pixel
- 3.0-inch LCD Display
- Video Recording up to 1080p Full HD
- Live View Function
- "Picture Style" Settings
- Uses Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
- 40mm fixed STM (silent) lens - recommended for portraits and controlled shooting situations, aperture is 2.8.
- 18-55mm STM (silent) lens - works well in many conditions, lowest aperture is 3.5.
- 18-135mm STM (silent) lens - works well in many conditions, lowest aperture is 3.5.
- A single pole to help support cameras and video cameras in the field, for clearer, shake-free shots
- With 240 White and 240 Yellow LED long lasting bulbs, this light is adjustable to match anything from halogen bulbs to sunlight
- U-MOUNT BRACKET: Enables the photographers to adjust the lighting angle according to the shooting environment
- Requires a light stand (attached)
Allows you to hold your camera down low when filming and steady your shot as well. It can be used with most DSLR cameras or camcorders that feature a tripod mount
Questions / Comments about Equipment
All items are checked out on your library account or record.
Knowing the due dates of the items you have borrowed. Returning or renewing items on time. Checking your Xavier University email account for notices from the library. Paying all overdue fines and charges for lost or damaged items.
How to Borrow Materials
To Check Out Digital Media Lab Items:
- Choose an item with the help of Digital Media Lab staff in CLC or browse X PLORE to locate the item you want.
- Present Digital Media Lab staff with either your ALL card or valid photo ID.
To Reserve Materials from the Digital Media Lab:
- Browse X PLORE to locate the item you want.
- When you find an item you want to reserve, click the RESERVE IT BUTTON.
- Log in using your Xavier credentials
- Choose a start date when you would like to collect your item(s) and End Time of the following day
- Digital Media Lab staff will retrieve the item you requested on the date you indicated.
- Check out your item at the Digital Media Lab on the third floor (ground level) of the Conaton Learning Commons during normal Digital Media Lab hours.
Renewing MaterialsRenewable items may be renewed in the following ways, provided no other patron has requested them:
- Renew items online any time using My Library Account or Record
- Renew items in person at the Digital Media Lab 3rd floor, (Conaton Learning Commons)
- Renew items by phone: 513-745-4811
Overdue notices are sent via email as a courtesy.
Failure to receive an overdue notice does not exempt you from any charges that result from keeping items past their due date.
If an email address is not available, the notice is sent to the local/campus address on file with the Xavier University Library.
Overdue Fines & Replacement Fees
Fines are accrued when certain items are overdue. Items more than 30 days overdue are deemed Billed Lost and replacement fees are charged. Unpaid charges will result in suspension or cancellation of Digital Media Lab privileges and/or blocks on registration, transcripts, and diplomas.
Direct questions about overdue fines and replacement fees to the Digital Media Lab Manager. Make sure to include details about the item(s) you have fines on.
Fines and replacement fees are removed from student library accounts and charged directly to student bursar accounts at the end of each month.
If you wish to dispute a fine or replacement charge you must do so within two weeks of the charge being applied to your account. After this period all charges are final.
Faculty and staff are not responsible for fines for Digital Media Lab equipment. They are however responsible for replacement fees or replacement copies for Digital Media Lab equipment.
Fine and Replacement Amounts
Items checked out from the Digital Media Lab fall into one of four tiers that determine the per day fine amount as well as the approximate replacement cost. Fine amounts are generally not adjusted but replacement costs can fluctuate depending on the current cost to replace the item, any parts returned in working order, or our ability to repair instead of replace the item.
Red tagged items are $25/day or $1200 replacement
Orange tagged items are $15/day or $300 replacement
Green tagged items are $10/day or $100 replacement
Blue tagged items are $5/day or $50 replacement
Fines and replacement fees may be paid at the Connection Center to the library. Please refer to the library website for acceptable payment types, and details on how you can pay a fine.
Alumni of Xavier University are welcome at the Digital Media Lab. Access to most Digital Media Lab resources and services are available for students who have graduated from Xavier University and may require an XU Alumni ALL Card. If you do not have an XU Alumni ALL Card, you may fill out this form to request one.