Hamilton County Juvenile Court Internship
Ever thought about a field placement with Hamilton County Juvenile Court?
Hamilton County Juvenile Court is offering students the chance to apply for a paid internship at the Youth Center, with the opportunity to shadow other Hamilton County Juvenile Court departments. This placement begins the fall semester and continues throughout the spring semester.
The course will count as CJUS 491/Practicum. Applications will be accepted until April 1st. Class size is limited!
This practicum will begin August 22nd. Students are required to do 40 hours of paid training and thereafter work 110 hours with Juvenile Court practitioners in the fall. The spring semester will consist of an additional 150 paid clock hours. These hours will be spent working directly with youth at the Hamilton County Juvenile Court Youth Center. Students will also observe other juvenile court departments' processes to learn about the Court's variety of services to our community.
Unlike other practicums, this paid field placement allows Xavier students the opportunity to directly work with Juvenile Corrections Officers at the Youth Center. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in programming, shadow juvenile court personnel in various departments as they provide a variety of services to our community, and gain exposure to juvenile court proceedings. The internship pays $15.00 hourly.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen.
- Must meet the pre-requisites for CJUS 491/Practicum.
- Must be able to perform 150 clock hours of field experience during each semester.
- Interested students must first fill out the application (see below link).
- Faculty will screen applicants for suitability. If approved,
- Applicants will be interviewed for final approval and placement by Juvenile Court officials
Direct questions to: Dr. Gail Hurst at email@example.com