DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
The Career Development Office is committed to creating and maintaining diverse, equitable, and inclusive relationships that support the professional success of all members of our campus community. On behalf of our students and alumni, we form intentional partnerships with vetted employers, serve as a liaison between recruiters and on-campus diversity-focused organizations and departments, and reflect on our own role in uprooting structural racism, sexism, classism, and heteronormativity within our spheres of influence.
Representation in a candidate pool is crucial to equitable hiring. Below are a few ways our team can help your organization recruit and retain underrepresented talent from Xavier.
- Connect with us on Handshake! Handshake is the platform you'll use to network with Xavier students and alumni, and post your jobs, internships, and events.
- Host virtual events and information sessions. From Pride Month panels to Women in Tech talks, we highly encourage employers to share their DEI sessions with our students on Handshake.
- Attend the Diversity Reception! Every year, the Career Development Office hosts the annual Diversity Reception prior to the Fall Career Fair. This networking event connects students and alumni from diverse backgrounds with employers who authentically integrate allyship and equity into their organization's culture. RSVP here to attend the panel.
- If your organization is a Minority Business Enterprise or a Women Business Enterprise, let us know! We are always eager to diversify our connections and want to include your organization in upcoming recruiting events.
- Learn more about hiring Xavier's international students! Whether you're able to hire students with work authorization or you're in a position to sponsor a recent grad, consider getting in touch with Xavier's Center for International Education.