VA Education Benefits
In order for current students to utilize their VA Education Benefits (GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation), students must complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. Please complete this form once for each semester you wish to use benefits. When notifying the Veteran and Military Family Center of your intention to use VA Education Benefits wait until AFTER you have scheduled courses.
- Summer and Fall 2020
- If you need to request VA Education benefits for any terms prior to Spring 2020, please contact the VA Education Benefits Advisor Amber Schutte directly by email or phone.
You are welcome to meet with the VA Education Benefits Advisor, Amber Schutte, with any questions or concerns you may have related to your education benefits and/or class schedule.
The Veteran and Military Family Center provides academic advising to all Student Veterans and military-connected students currently enrolled. Academic advising services include:
- Course recommendations for Xavier Core requirements
- Major exploration based upon values, interests, strengths and career goals
- Information about the process to change a major or add a major/minor
- Review and interpretation of degree audits and transfer credit reports from DegreeWorks
- Campus/community resources, recommendations, and referrals
- Information to help students prepare for an appointment with their academic department advisor
Available advising hours:
Students may request an appointment with Amber Schutte, VA Education Benefits Advisor. Typically appointments are available during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Office located in CLC room 509
Please contact Amber Schutte directly to request an appointment outside of these hours.
If you make any schedule changes after you have submitted the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form, please contact Amber Schutte to notify him of any changes.
Changes in course registration after enrollment certification has been submitted to the VA may result in the delay and/or retroactive loss of benefits unless the VA finds mitigating circumstances precipitated the change. Loss/reduction of benefits could revert back to the first day of the term.