Impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019:
Xavier University is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and safety of our students, faculty and staff. It is very important that we practice the promotion of social distancing and relying on the advice of health experts, therefore, Student Veterans Center employees will be working remotely from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM each business day until further notice. The physical Student Veterans Center located in the Conaton Learning Commons, room 529 is closed until further notice.
If you need assistance please send an email to email@example.com or leave a voice message at (513) 745-3685. Feel free to leave a message, we will be checking our voicemail and email regularly.
Visit the Xavier Coronavirus website for more information from the Xavier University administration.
VA Education Benefits:
There will be no major impact to currently enrolled students' G.I. Bill Benefits. Emergency legislation was passed by both houses of congress and signed into law by the President on March 21, 2020 which clarified how the Department of Veterans Affairs should treat in-person courses of study that convert to distance learning formats due to health-related situations and other national emergencies.Additional information about the legislation and a summery of additional benefits provided
Through out the Spring 2020 Semester, the office of Academic Support will be facilitating remote tutoring services via Zoom. Please contact Spencer Rumley, the Veterans Advisor if you need assistance or have any questions about these services.Learn more about requesting a tutor
Any student who has been admitted and is preparing to start classes in the Summer or Fall of this year may visit XU to YOU. We know that there’s a lot of uncertainty and curveballs being thrown your way. . . let us show you why you made the right college decision. XU to YOU is our way of sharing all that Xavier has to offer from an innovative, virtual platform.
- Xavier University is extending spring break by one week, and the spring semester will be extended by one week. Remote learning will begin on Monday, March 23.
- Students will hear from their faculty members by Monday, March 16. Students who do not hear from their faculty member by this Monday are asked to contact their respective deans' office.
- Registration for summer and fall courses will continue as planned. Students with questions should contact Spencer Rumley, the Veterans Advisor for assistance.
- Course materials will be made available in electronic format for academic classes.
- Students enrolled in Summer 2020 courses will be billed on April 15th with a due date of May 1st.
- A decision will be made by April 17th, and communicated via email, in regards to Spring 2020 room and board charges. Until that time, the Office of the Bursar has no additional information about next steps.
- Students who participate in experiential learning programs such as internships, clinicals, and student teaching should work directly with their placement coordinators, chairs or directors, and the college deans' offices for guidance.
- The university has made the decision to close the Recreation Center (HUB) until further notice. In addition, all programming (including club sport travel and intramural sport programming) is canceled for the remainder of the semester.
- While we will keep one residence hall open for a small number of students with truly exceptional circumstances, all academic and administrative buildings at Xavier are closed to students.