VA Education Benefits

In order for current students to utilize their VA Education Benefits (GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation), students must complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. Please complete this form ONCE FOR EVERY SEMESTER when notifying the Student Veterans Center of your intention to use VA Education Benefits AFTER you schedule courses.

  • Summer 2019 or Fall 2019
  • If you need to request VA Education benefits for any terms prior to Summer 2019, please contact the VA Education Benefits Advisor Spencer Rumley directly by email or phone.

You are welcome to meet with the VA Education Benefits Advisor/GI Bill Certifying Official, Spencer Rumley, with any questions or concerns you may have related to your education benefits and/or class schedule.

Academic Advising

The Student Veterans Center provides academic advising to all students associated with the office, including Veterans, Active Duty Service members, Reserve or Guard Service members and Dependents. Academic advising services include:

  • Course recommendations for the Core
  • Major exploration based upon values, interests, strengths and career goals
  • Information about the process to change a major or add a major/minor
  • Review and interpretation of degree audits and transfer credit reports through DegreeWorks
  • Campus and community resources recommendations and referrals
  • Provide information to help students prepare for an appointment with their primary academic advisor in their academic department
Available advising hours:

Students may request an appointment with Spencer Rumley, VA Education Benefits Advisor. Typically appointments are available during the following hours:

  • Monday through Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM
  • Office located in CLC room 509

Please contact Spencer directly to request an appointment outside of these hours.

Schedule Changes/Withdrawals

If you make any schedule changes after you have submitted the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form to Spencer Rumley, please contact Spencer via email at or phone at 513-745-3620 to notify him of any changes.

Changes in course registration after enrollment certification has been submitted to the VA may result in the delay and/or retroactive loss of benefits unless the VA finds mitigating circumstances precipitated the change. Loss/reduction of benefits could revert back to the first day of the term.