Applying for Financial Aid
- First, students must be accepted for admission. To learn more about admission or to apply, visit Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as December. Xavier University's Federal School Code for the FAFSA is 003144. Our FAFSA tips page also provides some helpful information for completing the form.
- Within seven days of submitting the FAFSA, you will receive a FAFSA Submission Summary to review for accuracy. Make corrections to your FAFSA if needed.
- If your FAFSA Submission Summary indicates that you are selected for a process called verification, the Office of Student Financial Services will contact you to request the necessary documentation.
- The Office of Student Financial Services will review the FAFSA results and determine the student's financial aid eligibility.
How soon will I know what my financial aid package is?
The Office of Student Financial Services expects to begin preparing financial aid notifications in February 2024 for new students who have submitted a 2024-2025 FAFSA. If your FAFSA results are received at Xavier by February 15, you will receive priority consideration for aid. Aid packages for new students will be available for review on Road to Xavier.
Am I eligible for federal student aid?
To be considered for federal financial aid, a student must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- Apply and be accepted for admission into an approved degree program or teacher-certification program.
- Be making appropriate progress toward degree completion according to Xavier University's standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Not be in default on any federal education loans borrowed as a student or a parent.
- Not owe a refund on any federal or state education grants.