Information for Organizations
LOGISTICS FOR ORGANIZATIONS & PROGRAMS
Upon registration approval, you will receive a notification from Handshake indicating that you are able to schedule group and 1:1 student meetings for the fair. Group meetings are available for 50 students to attend at one time. If you would like to host larger group sessions during the fair, you will be able to enter an external video meeting link and host the meeting in the system of your choice. The following resources will be helpful as you create your schedule an prepare for the study abroad fair:
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs
- Claiming & Participating in a Schedule
- Managing Schedules for Virtual Fairs
- Hosting Virtual Fair Sessions
- Video Requirements and Troubleshooting for Employers
DAY OF EVENT SUPPORT
Kim or I will be hosting a Study Abroad Fair Support Zoom Room during the fair. This room will make it easy for you to connect with us for quick Q&A, troubleshooting, and learn how to further engage with Xavier students. We will also invite a member from our Career Development Office to help staff this room to provide additional Handshake support. A link will be sent to registered organizations in October leading up to the fair.
TIPS TO FILL YOUR SCHEDULE
Prior to the fair and after setting your schedule, registered organizations/programs are encouraged to message students, inviting them to connect with you at the virtual Study Abroad Fair. The following are some helpful resources to personalize your outreach and stand out at the virtual fair.
- How to Stand Out at your Next Virtual Career Fair
- Virtual Career Fairs: 7 Ways Employers Can Stand Out
- Personalizing your Outreach
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, AND REFUNDS
Payment is due prior to the Virtual Study Abroad Fair. Your organization may cancel, but no refunds will be issued.