Call for Applications – Faculty Associate for the Center for International Education
The Center for International Education is seeking applications for a Faculty Associate to serve during the 2021-2022 Academic year. This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Director for Student Support/Senior International Officer to advance international education priorities at Xavier.
The primary duties of the Faculty Associate include curricular integration (working with department chairs and interested academic departments to map approved programs into the major and core); the promotion of COIL (collaborative online international learning) and virtual exchange experiences; and assessment of student learning during education abroad programs. The Faculty Associate will attend CIE staff meetings and staff retreats and will serve as staff to the Education Abroad Advisory Council. Where interest and talent align, the faculty associate may focus on additional projects, if mutually agreeable.
The Faculty Associate will receive a stipend and funds to support international education related professional development. A consecutive term in 2022-2023 as Faculty Associate may be an option for the right candidate and will be determined upon the mutual agreement of the candidate, Director, and department Chair.
Applications for the Faculty Associate positions will be accepted through Wednesday, May 19, 2021. Applicants must be full-time faculty, with a preference for tenured faculty. Qualified faculty members will be familiar with international education and will have previous experience leading study abroad programs and/or an understanding of the international student and scholar experience.
Letters of Application should address:
- Experience and enthusiasm for developing and advancing international education programs for students and for the assessment of student learning in an international context;
- Understanding of different types of education abroad and immersion programs (short-term, semester/academic year, exchanges, international service-learning);
- Former or current participation in faculty development or international education programs at Xavier, including, the FLCs on Immersion and Internationalization, COIL, virtual exchange, or other international opportunities; and
- Experience leading faculty groups and/or committees.
The following application materials should be sent electronically to the CIE no later than Wednesday, May 19, 2021. (email@example.com):
- Letter of Application/Statement of Qualifications and Interest (no more than 2 pages) that includes the applicant's relevant experience and expertise in this area and interest in the position
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae highlighting your own faculty development and experience with international education programs and initiatives.
For assistance with application questions, contact Lea Minniti, Executive Director for Student Support/Senior International Officer, (firstname.lastname@example.org).