The Xavier chapter of Psi Chi, a national honor society in psychology, offers membership to qualified undergraduate juniors and seniors. Psi Chi partners with Psychology Club to plan and host scholarly programs and social events during the academic year. More information about Psi Chi, including the requirements for membership, can be found at https://engagexu.campusgroups.com/psichi/club_signup
Psychology Club is open to any undergraduate students interested in exploring aspects of psychology. To become a member, students simply attend the scholarly programs and social events planned and hosted by the Psi Chi/Psychology Club Executive Board. Psychology Club is also a source of information for students about jobs and volunteer experiences in the field of psychology.
Students can keep up to date with Psi Chi/Psychology Club events, news, and job and volunteer opportunities by "liking" the Psi Chi/Psychology Club- XU Chapter Facebook page or joining the Psi Chi/Psychology Club Orgsync page at https://orgsync.com/login/xavier-university. For more information about Psi Chi or Psychology Club, contact the President, senior psychology major Ashlyn Wischmeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the faculty advisors Dr. Anne Fuller (email@example.com) and Dr. Jen Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Psychology majors may participate in the full range of extracurricular activities at Xavier.
Xavier Psychology Association of Graduate Students (XPAGS)
XPAGS is a student operated organization for psychology graduate students of Xavier University. Its goals include the following:
- Involve psychology graduate students in networking to professional psychology associations
- Encourage advocacy for professional and social justice issues
- Raise monies to fund research, travel, and recruitment of graduate students
- Encourage awareness of multi-cultural affairs on Xavier's campus as well as local, regional, and national levels
- Enhance the social relationship among graduate students, faculty, and staff