Physical Plant during COVID-19
During this time, it is very important that we practice the promotion of social distancing and rely on the advice of health experts, thus, those members of the Office of Physical Plant that are able to work remotely will be working remotely from their homes as of March 23, 2020. Operations staff are working on campus and are available to respond to maintenance requests.
Please continue to submit requests for service by calling 513-745-3151 or by email at email@example.com. If you are off campus, you need to have VPN access to submit a work request via the link.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, all campus buildings will require an All Card for swipe access.
- All administrative and academic campus buildings will continue to be available with an All Card swipe to all employees during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Outside of these hours, employees will only have access to the building in which they work using their All Card.
- For assistance, please contact Xavier University Police Dispatch at 2000.
Changes to Campus Buildings
As a result of remote learning, students moving to their permanent address and employees working from home, and in an effort to reduce expenses, beginning April 1st Physical Plant is implementing operating changes to all campus buildings.
- HVAC systems will be shut off. With the mild temperatures expected in the coming weeks this should not pose a problem. If climate conditions change suddenly, the HVAC system can be turned on. HVAC will remain in Flynn Hall and campus dining in Fenwick.
- Contract cleaning in all buildings will be suspended. Recycling can be allowed to accumulate. A “Carry In, Carry Out” policy will be initiated for all compostable items.
- Trash service provided by Rumpke will be curtailed. Dumpster service at Fenwick, Flynn and Alumni Hall will remain.
- Physical Plant staff will be on site to respond to service requests. Please call 513-745-3151 or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily building inspections will be conducted by Physical Plant personnel
- The electrical outage scheduled for Good Friday April 10th has been canceled.
Please visit the Coronavirus Xavier Website for more information.
Requesting Service7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (513) 745-3151
Fax: (513) 745-1926
Please visit our Work Requests page for more information and to submit a work request online.
- Campus Deliveries / Moves
- Custodial Services
- Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing
- Facilities Maintenance
- Keys and Locks
- Landscaping and Grounds
- Recycle and Waste Management
- Signage Maintenance
Capital Renewal Projects
- Jim Bergen - (513) 745-4303
- Renewal and Renovation Projects
Requests for Space
- Debi Cain - (513) 745-2061
- Request for Space Form
Quick Facts About Us
- Xavier received the Grand Award from the Professional Grounds Management Society for recognition of professional accomplishment and grounds management.
- Xavier's campus covers 208 acres of land.
- Xavier has 55 buildings on campus.
- Since 1980, Xavier's campus has grown from 794,000 Gross Square Feet to over 2.4 million Gross Square Feet.