Matthew Regele, PhD
Assistant Professor, Management & Entrepreneurship
Matthew Regele joined Xavier University in 2019 as an Assistant Professor of Management & Entrepreneurship. From 2018-2019, he was an Assistant Professor of Organizations & Sociology and Coordinator of the Organizational Leadership Major at Miami University (OH). Prior to joining Miami, Dr. Regele completed his doctoral studies in Management at Yale University.
Dr. Regele's research interests include entrepreneurship, innovation, and organizational change, particularly in the higher education industry. He is especially interested in inductive, multilevel studies that consider how micro-level (individual) interests and actions aggregate to shape outcomes at the organizational level and beyond, often in unexpected and unintended ways. At Xavier, Dr. Regele teaches courses on New Venture Planning, Managerial Behavior, and other entrepreneurship- and management-related topics.
First Year at Xavier
- Yale University, PhD, Organizations & Management
- Yale University, MPhil, Organizations & Management
- Yale University, MA, Organizations & Management
- Babson College, MBA
- Bowdoin College, AB
- London School of Economics and Political Science, The General Course
- Regele, Matthew D. (2019) “Pedagogy and Profit? Efforts to Develop and Sell Digital Learning Products for Higher Education.” American Educational Research Journal, In Press.
- Assenova, Valentina A. and Regele, Matthew D. (2017) “Revisiting the Effect of Colonial Institutions on Comparative Economic Development.” PLoS ONE, 12 (5): e0177100. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177100.
- Regele, Matthew D. and Neck, Heidi M. (2012). “The Entrepreneurship Education Sub-Ecosystem in the United States: Opportunities to Increase Entrepreneurial Activity.” Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 23 (2): 25-47.