Senior Teaching Professor, Management & Entrepreneurship
Dawn M. Tolonen is a 35-year veteran of the pet industry with management and marketing experience in retail, distribution, mail order catalog, online sales, and consumer goods manufacturing. If you own a pet, you may be familiar with some of the brands she has recently directed such as Tetra, Instant Ocean, Nature’s Miracle, and Pro-Sense.
Dawn’s career has allowed her to experience all facets of business from the ground up in both start-up companies and public corporations, and given her the opportunity to collaborate with fascinating people around the world.
Dawn’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Business Administration (management and marketing majors) from the University of Cincinnati, a Master of Business Administration (international concentration) from Xavier University, and she is completing a Doctorate of Business Administration at Creighton University. In 2015 Dawn join the Xavier family as a full time teaching professor. The energy and enthusiasm of the students keeps her coming back for more!
Dawn and her husband reside in Batavia, OH. In their spare time you can find them trying to keep up with five rambunctious grandchildren.
First Year at Xavier
- D.B.A. Business Administration, Creighton University, expected 2020
- M.B.A. Business Administration, Xavier University, 2001
- B.B.A. Business Administration, University of Cincinnati, 1990
- Assudani, R. and Tolonen, D. M. (in press). Organizational Learning at the BOP: Which Firms Will Convert Collaboration into Economic Success? The International Journal of Management.
- Tolonen, D. M. (2018). Magic and mayhem: Integrating a MBA consulting class with a social enterprise program. Paper presented at the Southern Management Association Annual Meeting, Lexington, KY.